Range Report: Noveske AR-10 vs. Remington 700 at 300 yards

Start shooting from prone and get your basic marksmanship skills down (postion straight behind the rifle, NPA, breathing, hold, finger position on trigger, consistent cheek weld, trigger pull, etc) and your groups will tighten up significantly. Hang out over at snipers hide and spend your time there reading, listening, and question asking and you'll be surprised how your skill level will come up.

I've shot almost every shooting discipline there is and nothing does it for me like long range rifles. For me, they're even more fun than machineguns.

+1

I just started shooting long range practical matches and I am hooked. This after 11 years of NRA KD shooting.

ETA: I'd have to say that sniper's hide has the best content on the web in this area.

Thanks guys. I will check out sniper's hide.

If there is little or no gain then why do Palma and NRA Long Range shooters typically have 30 inch tubes?
In Palma, at least, the additional sight radius is helpful.

In the shooting sports, tradition usually wins out unless and until someone proves there's a better way to do something.

In Palma, at least, the additional sight radius is helpful.
Try pushing a 155 grain .308 bullet to 2950 - 3000 fps or a 175 at 2750 plus out of a 24" barrel and tell me how that works out.

Sight radius is not the only reason target rifles have such long barrels.

The upper is from Noveske with a 21-inch barrel. A PWS FSC30 brake is pinned/welded

Did you order it this way from Noveske or did you have it done afterwards?

Also...You can get a Noveske striped lower. Why did you go with the ArmaLite?

Did you order it this way from Noveske or did you have it done afterwards?

Also...You can get a Noveske striped lower. Why did you go with the ArmaLite?

The Noveske upper matches an Armalite AR-10 lower. Not sure, but at the time I think Noveske was out of lowers. The 21-in barrel is a standard size for Noveske, and they will pin/weld the hider for you if you ask.

Back
Top Bottom