Range day with my grandfather

andrew1220 and headednorth thanks for reminding us of how important it is to regularly make the effort to share those moments with loved ones. It certainly puts everything else in perspective! I speak from experience in saying that once they are gone, you feel that there was so much more you wanted to do, ask and share! Thanks.
So true! He used to tell the same stories over and over again which I never told him that I had heard them before. My grandmother always tried to tell him to stop. But I’m glad I always took the time to listen to him and his stories. No matter how many time I heard them😂

andrew1220 and headednorth thanks for reminding us of how important it is to regularly make the effort to share those moments with loved ones. It certainly puts everything else in perspective! I speak from experience in saying that once they are gone, you feel that there was so much more you wanted to do, ask and share! Thanks.
Wow, it's funny how the universe works. I was thinking the same thing today about my grandfather. I was on the way to my parents house this afternoon and noticed a car on the side of the road with the door open and what appeared to be a body laying in the snow. After a quick double take I backed up, got out of the car and sure as shit there was an elderly man 80 years old or so unresponsive laying next to the car. I called EMS and was able to somewhat wake him up while I waited with him. I have no idea how long he was out there for but I'm glad I found him when I did. It put things into perspective for me as my grandfathers mobility is rapidly declining. I just went out and picked up a bottle of Laphroaig 10 for his Christmas gift (90 years old and still loves a good glass of scotch now and then) I'm really looking forward to sitting down with him and having a drink in front of the fireplace on Friday.

Sorry for your loss.
Sounds like you two made some great memories.
Trust me , he got as much out of it as you did.
Pass those stories along to your kids.
My Grandfather and Father were two of the greatest men I have ever known.
If I end up being half the man either of them were , I'll have accomplished something.

Sorry for your loss Andrew, I didn't realize this was an old thread when I posted a bit ago! The thread remained as a nice memory of him I am sure. Best to you and your family and have a Merry Christmas!

Sorry to hear of your grandfather’s passing man. You’re blessed with some incredible memories. A post on that old 99 would be cool at some point!

Sorry for your loss Andrew, I didn't realize this was an old thread when I posted a bit ago! The thread remained as a nice memory of him I am sure. Best to you and your family and have a Merry Christmas!
Thanks Rob. No worries.
Hope all is well with you and your family. Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom