• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

quick question???

Do i need a FFL for a muzzleloader in RI? Ive looked at bothBPro and Cabelas and neither have shippig restrictions to RI. Am i missing something or am I safe to purchase online and have it shipped directly to my house??

For all intents and purposes the atf does not view muzzle loaders as a fire arm. Unless the one you want to buy can be easily converted to shoot rim fire or center fire rounds rounds you should be more than fine. On the other hand I'm not 100 percent sure when it comes to state laws but I'm sure someone will fill you in on that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I would not say RI is gun friendly, it is just very libertarian in its approach to most things. We have very few laws in RI. Up until a year ago, prostitution was legal if it happened indoors. In RI, the only illegal gun is an NFA item. It sucks but we have no other real restrictions. No gun registration, no hi-cap limits, etc. You do have a 7 day waiting period but aside from that, RI is better than MASS and even CT in many regards.

Back
Top Bottom