Quick access safes

Anyone have any recommendations for a quick access safe? Looking for something that can be stored under my bed or next to it that will be super quick to open. Any out there with fingerprint readers? That would be kinda cool....

Strap it to a vicious, but devoted rottwieller!
Seriously, my techy egghead brother inlaw says don't trust the print recognition stuff. Not unless is has a back-up (key)
This guy is a total dweeb when it comes to this stuff, so I trust him.
BTW, I love him dearly, I'm just stating the facts.[laugh]

My wife and I have three. Two are Safari safe, the 3rd is unmarked, but I'm thinking V-Line (?). They have programmable Simplex locks and a cable which can be looped around a bed frame. Very rugged and quick to open. I believe we got one via Cabelas, and the others from a guy at the Marlboro show a few years ago. D&D Enterprises out of Littleton, Frank DeCamillis, (978) 486 9216. He also deals with Zanotti Armor Safes. We liked them so much we got one to send to my wifes sister in California when she got a handgun.

Bio Vault

http://www.nragunsafe.com/

Here is a fingerprint safe for $299. I did some research on this and I have come to the conclusion that if your fingers are bloody that it will not work.

The DAC is much cheaper and more simple.

Simplex locks are mechanical and rugged.
I don't trust anything with a battery. If they never went dead, why would they give you a key? When seconds count, the key is.....

Simplex locks are mechanical and rugged.
I don't trust anything with a battery. If they never went dead, why would they give you a key? When seconds count, the key is.....

Amen...Unless you get in the habit of unlocking your safe at night and locking it up in the morning. I have an electronic Honeywell safe which is quite nice, but the battery operated keypad would make me woozy trying to get it open in the wee hours....

This is what I use. It can store up to 50 fingerprints, so you can have multiple users, or use multiple fingers for your prints (left hand, right hand etc.) No key as a backup, but I'd needed to be sure there was no way my kids could get in.

- NRA official Biometric gun safety device
- Endorsed by NRA firearms safety instruction program

http://www.biosaf.com/catalog.htm

I use a Stack-On safe with a keypad. My combo is pretty simple and I can do it by touch in less than two seconds.

I have a Secure Safe with a Simplex lock on it that attaches to the bed frame. I'm not sure they make it anymore as I'm unable to google it.

I've been using one of the mini GunVaults for about a year now, no complaints. It's enough space for a Sig 2340, a key ring and a spare mag, but not much else. I have it mounted vertically instead of flat, which doesn't bother it. The only minor glitch I've seen is about 1 time in 50 pistol removals, either my hand or the Sig will trip the latch, so the door won't close without entering the combo again. Battery with key backup, so scheduled battery changes are a must, IMHO.

I'd buy it again.

Back
Top Bottom