Questions re Glock grip reshaping and warranties

A couple of questions regarding Glocks.

Has anyone out there had any experience with Robar modifications to Glock grips? Do you know any references that will discuss their mods (including the back strap and front strap mods)?

Also, I have heard that Glock will not honor any warranties as to Glock frames from Massachusetts. There may be a number of reasons for this, and I won’t speculate as to what they might be. I have heard that they will replace a broken frame for about $270. If this is true, then altering grip size (and thus voiding the warranty) will have no effect on Mass residents. Does anyone have any information on this?

Glock is aware of the AG's regulations, and current status is that they will not get into dealing the the matter though such legal technicalities as "direct shipment bypassing FFL" (replacement under such circumstances in allowed under ferderal law), or "Ship a stripped frame to an FFL for 4473, but not FA10, transfer"). Glock is very much aware of what is happing in MA, and sent a rep to the EOPS target regulation hearing.

I believe that Glock will service our frames but they will not ship replacement frames.

Not true (at least not a few months ago). I bought a G20 from a fellow forum member a few months ago. This pistol has a brand-new-shipped-to-Mass 3rd Gen frame that was replaced by Glock because of a botched grip-reduction mod.

Not true (at least not a few months ago). I bought a G20 from a fellow forum member a few months ago. This pistol has a brand-new-shipped-to-Mass 3rd Gen frame that was replaced by Glock because of a botched grip-reduction mod.

Any idea who botched the grip reduction job?

There was a time when one of the aftermarket Glock companies was doing frame replacements, but they ran into problems with the ATF (I'm not mentioning the name since I'm not certain, and don't want to deploy unflattering innuendo to a non-deserving recipient).

Do you have an indication that Glock did the frame replacement and shipped directly to MA when doing so?

Any idea who botched the grip reduction job?
It was the seller. I don't remember who it was. It was a do-it-yourself project that went wrong.
Do you have an indication that Glock did the frame replacement and shipped directly to MA when doing so?
Only that the seller told me so.

Last edited:
I was told by the Glock person who set that policy, that they will NOT ship a Gen 3 frame to MA as a replacement or for any other reason.

I am well aware of the other company where people were getting Gen 3 frames shipped to MA and anywhere else. Said owner was indicted by the BATFE and US Attorney's Office and the case is still pending. I have seen/read the Federal indictment on this case. How it all plays out is still unknown. [CAUTION: Mention of any of this on GlockTalk will earn the person a "permanent ban"!]

I was told by the Glock person who set that policy, that they will NOT ship a Gen 3 frame to MA as a replacement or for any other reason.

I am well aware of the other company where people were getting Gen 3 frames shipped to MA and anywhere else. Said owner was indicted by the BATFE and US Attorney's Office and the case is still pending. I have seen/read the Federal indictment on this case. How it all plays out is still unknown. [CAUTION: Mention of any of this on GlockTalk will earn the person a "permanent ban"!]

I believe I know of this case, but I have not read any of the relevant pleadings. Please IM me with any info available re the indictment.

And, thanks for the info.

I read it on GlockTalk. Someone posted it there and the forum owner then removed the thread and threatened to ban anyone who even mentioned it anywhere on his forum.

So, I don't have it or any access to it.

BATFE probably did a press release on it, so they might have some links to the story.

Len,

The Glock search is not a great idea (how many indictments involve Glocks?). BATFE does not appear to have a press release on the subject (after looking at their website).

I am just trying to figure out whether we are writing about the same case.

If you are still a member at ARfcom, I'll send you a message there.

Rob, Amicus:

I couldn't find it that way either. Even adding many other words to the search, and I know what I'm looking for.

Seems like every banger who gets indicted has a Glock! [wink]

Back
Top Bottom