Question on mailing AR lower

Ok so first off I'm not a FFL, but I am a NH resident. If I want to sell a AR lower to someone out of state and I mail it to their FFL can I use USPS? I've read a lot of conflicting information that Long Guns and Shot Guns are ok BUT does USPS consider a AR lower concealable? IE: same as a Handgun? Just trying to stay out of trouble and do things right.

Ok so first off I'm not a FFL, but I am a NH resident. If I want to sell a AR lower to someone out of state and I mail it to their FFL can I use USPS? I've read a lot of conflicting information that Long Guns and Shot Guns are ok BUT does USPS consider a AR lower concealable? IE: same as a Handgun? Just trying to stay out of trouble and do things right.
I don't think anyone really knows how USPS feels about shipping lowers. However, based on the strictest interpretation of their regulations, I’d guess lowers would arguably count as “concealable firearms.” You could probably just find a local FFL in your area to ship it for you, all it may end up costing you is a nominal shipping fee for the FFL’s services.

You should find their policy online or contact them about it. Dont simply trust what you hear from people posting here.

It’s probably not worth it just for a lower after paying the fees on both ends, but one option is to have a local FFL ship it if they do this service. I know some that do.

If you consider the AR Lower a long gun, then it's fine to ship USPS. They allow long guns from non FFLs.

Honestly though, use shipmygun.com. It's cheaper than just about any option out there.

You should find their policy online or contact them about it. Dont simply trust what you hear from people posting here.

It’s probably not worth it just for a lower after paying the fees on both ends, but one option is to have a local FFL ship it if they do this service. I know some that do.
People can't help themselves. I wouldn't come her for legal advice or dating advice.

I know people always say Machine Parts. And most people are joking, but some people do it. Yes I know people who personally do it.

But for me, if that shipment goes missing, I want to be able to file a claim and get some money back.

Back
Top Bottom