Question for pistol shooters using VihtaVuori powders ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMD

For USPSA I've made the switch from 9major back to 38 supercomp and I am in the process of load development. For readily available powders I've tried 4756 and Longshot - but really don't like the feel.

A couple years back I used VihtaVuori N350 and was satisfied with the results.
For testing I'd like to try N105 or 3N38.

So long story short - you folks that are currently using VihtaVuori powders - have you been having trouble buying VihtaVuori ? Seems like my online sources are all out of stock.

If anyone has some N105 or 3N38 that you'd like to sell let me know.

(Mods - I know this is sorta reloading related - but the question is directed to competition pistol shooters)

Thanks
Paul

I was using N310 for my .45 loads for a while. It dried up... not sure why either. It was great.

I switched to WST and never looked back. cheaper, clean and shoots 2 inch groups at 50 yards.

I started with VV 3n37, but also found it difficult to find and expensive. When it was backordered, I never knew when it would be available

Have you tried 7625? I'm trying 7.5gr with a 125. meters well, very consistent velocities. I also am trying 9.5gr 4756 with a 115. honestly I can only feel a slight difference between the 115 and 125 and only when really concentrating on the dot, once I start moving and shooting they all feel the same

Last edited:
I just loaded 250 Supers w/ 10.3 grains of 3N38 under a 125 grain JHP.

I could tell you where I got the powder, but there would be - ahhhh, ramifications....

Whay [sic] are you always a dick?

How are you still so ignorant of the forum's necessary policy against disclosing out-of-state sources?

How is any remotely sentient gun owner in MA NOT aware of the situation? [rolleyes]

Last edited:
How are you still so ignorant of the forum's necessary policy against disclosing out-of-state sources?

How is any remotely sentient gun owner in MA NOT aware of the situation? [rolleyes]

Scrivener,

Well as usual you've started a thread drift - so I might as well comment on how I feel.

Scrivener - bottom line is you suck!

I have not read a post where you do not jump in and start a thread drift - your methods of communicating are usually condescending and antagonistic.

I asked a legitimate question to competitive shooters "have you been having trouble buying VihtaVuori ?" - I did not ask for sources!

For you to call me "ignorant" is an insult which I take offense to - this is an other classic example or your condescending demeanor.

I feel that the competitive shooters in this Forum would benifit from you not posting in this derogatory manner. If you have a comment that has merit by all means reply, if your reply is to poke fun at, belittle or start a debate on Gun Laws - then please refrain from typing and start your own thread.

If other forum members feel my comments are out of line please let me know - if you agree - please chime in.

Paul Dandini

I asked a legitimate question to competitive shooters "have you been having trouble buying VihtaVuori ?" - I did not ask for sources!

Riddle me this, O Caped Crusader - if you can't obtain Vihta Vuori , how do you propose to load with it?

And how would you obtain it if NOT from "sources?"

So how is a reference to said sources a dreaded "thread drift?"

And, since YOU raised the issue, how is that, after almost three years, YOU are still "an unknown quantity" and my rating is distinctly above that?

Get back to us when you've got the answers.

Last edited:
Far be it for me to defend a lawyer but....

I would tend to think he wasn't referring to you as ignorent...I would say the meaning was that you were unaware of the forum's policies....

As far as his first comments....I tend to think it was an attempt at humor which doesn't always come across in the written text....

So why don't we all just take a deep breath and get back to the topic at hand....It's the weekend and I see no reason to spend it pissed off.

Of course, the simple, expedient solution would be to just ask one of us at a match....

Scriv could have easily sent Paul a PM on where to get the VV.
Then I'm sure Paul would be happy to show Scriv how to grip an Open gun :)

Get back to us when you've got the answers.

I don't know why I am waisting my time answering these ridiculous questions, but I will since we are drifting from my ORIGINAL QUESTION!

Riddle me this, O Caped Crusader - if you can't obtain Vihta Vuori , how do you propose to load with it?

What's with the "O Caped Crusader" That makes no sense ... another poor attempt at humor?

The VihtaVuori powder I wish to try will be obtainable soon - it's currently on back order at several suppliers I use (note - I did not indicate if my suppliers were in MA or not). I was merely asking others about their buying experience, since I would avoid load development with powders that are always on back order.

And how would you obtain it if NOT from "sources?"

As noted above I have my own sources for VV powders - I was not asking for sources here - to reiterate, I was asking if those using VV are "having trouble buying VihtaVuori ?"

So how is a reference to said sources a dreaded "thread drift?"

No where in my first post did I mention I was looking for a source, nor was I asking for members to post "out of state sources" - That was your assumption.

Your childish reply was "I could tell you where I got the powder, but there would be - ahhhh, ramifications...." what the hell is that supposed to mean and how does that even closely relate to what I was asking? If it was an attempt at humor, it was another bad attempt.

And, since YOU raised the issue, how is that, after almost three years, YOU are still "an unknown quantity" and my rating is distinctly above that?

I am a firm believer in Quality not Quantity - if your trying to say that since you've posted over 4,200 times on this forum your entitled to some kind of special respect or assumed higher knowledge? I think just the opposite - you obviously have way too much time on your hands and seem to have an opinion to say on every subject matter.

As far as your shooting replies - if you were a Grand Master or Master Shooter or maybe even a B Shooter I might listen to what you have to say about shooting - obviously you know more about law than shooting since everything I've read that you've wrote has very little to do about shooting.

Do yourself and others a favor - think before you type - it only makes you look like an ass.

I have a question for you - what's up with your tag line?
"Shits on Newbies"
Is that supposed to impress people or warn people that you have nothing better to do than try to start controversy - get a life!

Your childish reply was "I could tell you where I got the powder, but there would be - ahhhh, ramifications...." what the hell is that supposed to mean and how does that even closely relate to what I was asking? If it was an attempt at humor, it was another bad attempt.

As everyone else here BUT you realizes, it is an acknowledgment of this forum's non-disclosure policy. Hardly so abstract or obscure as to require a detailed explanation.

I am a firm believer in Quality not Quantity - if your [sic] trying to say that since you've posted over 4,200 times on this forum your [sic] entitled to some kind of special respect or assumed higher knowledge?

Again you fail to grasp the obvious. As I expressly quoted your rating on this forum, that is clearly the standard in question. [rolleyes]

Do yourself and others a favor - think before you type - it only makes you look like an ass.

Have you ever considered following your own advice? You may wish to, if only for the sheer novelty of the experience.

Then why Have a forum?

I thought the forum was here to ask questions, get advise and so on, now by your words we should wait for a match to get an answer to a question. So again, what is the forum for?

What part of "NO DISCLOSURE OF OUT OF STATE SUPPLIERS" are you having trouble understanding? [rolleyes]

As for PM's, I prefer dealing with people I know. Hardly an aberrant or imprudent
policy.

At no time was the question asked WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR POWDER FROM!!!
So where do you get Disclosure from?

Maybe if you got your head out your butt and actually talked with people at a match, you would know who people are. For the most part we are all local shooters going to the same matches. If you don't know who we are, your loss. Cause you should pay attention to the shooters here you might learn how to hold and shoot a gun.

I thought the forum was here to ask questions, get advise [sic] and so on, now by your words we should wait for a match to get an answer to a question. So again, what is the forum for?

You skew the facts to rationalize your bias. My reference to asking at a match was in regards to suppliers. Those of us actually following the train of thought realized that.

At no time was the question asked WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR POWDER FROM!!!

Really? From the OP:

So long story short - you folks that are currently using VihtaVuori powders - have you been having trouble buying VihtaVuori ? Seems like my online sources are all out of stock.

If anyone has some N105 or 3N38 that you'd like to sell let me know.

Seems like a clear request for a source to me.... I'd have been happy to help, but I only have 1 unopened pound left and I suspect he's looking for more than that.

Next glaring error:

So where do you get Disclosure from?

From the express and oft-repeated assertion of policy on this forum. Grasp the concept. [slap]

Maybe if you got your head out your butt and actually talked with people at a match, you would know who people are. For the most part we are all local shooters going to the same matches. If you don't know who we are, your loss.

Not if you are an example. Fortunately, you are not.

And instead of playing social butterfly, I'm usually taping, scoring or otherwise trying to be useful. If you shot either of the last 2 AFS matches, there's a 50% chance you were scored with my timer.

Last edited:
(The shits on Newbies tag) I never noticed it before. Man, you got big balls to make a statement like that. Have you ever looked at your self shoot? ( movie or Vid ) It is FUNNY!!!!

You skew the facts to rationalize your bias. My reference to asking at a match was in regards to suppliers. Those of us actually following the train of thought realized that.

Really? From the OP:

Seems like a clear request for a source to me.... I'd have been happy to help, but I only have 1 unopened pound left and I suspect he's looking for more than that.

Next glaring error:

From the express and oft-repeated assertion of policy on this forum. Grasp the concept. [slap]

Not if you are an example. Fortunately, you are not.

And instead of playing social butterfly, I'm usually taping, scoring or otherwise trying to be useful. If you shot either of the last 2 AFS matches, there's a 50% chance you were scored with my timer.

So now you assume no one helps out at matches. And whats the timer got to do with anything? Most of us shooter have timers in our bags, Because yours was used you should feel special?

You must be some GREAT Lawyer!!!

(The shits on Newbies tag) I never noticed it before.

Further evidence of your inattentiveness. There's an entire thread on it. Moreover, I did not put it there.

Have you ever looked at your self shoot? ( movie or Vid ) It is FUNNY!!!!

And how this is even remotely relevant to obtaining powder, the purpose of the thread?

Your screed is merely a transparent attempt at misdirection from someone clearly losing a fight he sought. No wonder you, like the OP you are trying to run interference for, are still listed as an "Unknown Quantity" over 2 years after joining.

Better luck next time....

hdguns, I suggest you read this thread, particularly page six to understand the NES policy regarding posting of mail-order ammo and component sources, and why some react as they do when the question is even implied:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9

As shown by these two posts the AG office is known to monitor NES, hence the need to be careful:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=343144&postcount=289
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=343169&postcount=295
You can check these 2 articles on my blog for the story behind the posts:
http://kevinjmiller.blogspot.com/2007/11/ill-say-it.html
http://kevinjmiller.blogspot.com/2007/11/serial-rat.html

Sorry for the bit of drift.

Further evidence of your inattentiveness. There's an entire thread on it. Moreover, I did not put it there.

And how this is even remotely relevant to obtaining powder, the purpose of the thread?

Your screed is merely a transparent attempt at misdirection from someone clearly losing a fight he sought. No wonder you, like the OP you are trying to run interference for, are still listed as an "Unknown Quantity" over 2 years after joining.

And that makes YOU a better person? All your post count reflects is the amount of time you spend on the forum, it does not show anything more than that.

And that makes YOU a better person? All your post count reflects is the amount of time you spend on the forum, it does not show anything more than that.

As you well know, I said nothing about post count and that is not what your rep points are based upon.

Failed attempt at misdirection # 2. Tell us again who needs a life...

Paul the N105 powder rocks in an open gun. I'm dying to get my hands back on some. Hopefully the suppliers will be stocking up on it SOON!!! I've been using the 4756 but it's not nearly as good as the N105.

We all know PMD knows where to buy powder and he was not asking for suppliers.

I also don't understand why Scrivener has to be a dick all the time. Has he even made "D" class yet? Paul you're the man and don't listen to his B.S. you're the better man!!!

Scrivener and Kevin9,
Look ... I started this thread and was not asking nor implying that I was looking for an out of state supplier.

Please reread my original post.

I clearly stated that I was looking for two specific powders to test.

I don't know why Scrivener assumed:
"Seems like a clear request for a source to me.... I'd have been happy to help, but I only have 1 unopened pound left and I suspect he's looking for more than that"

Again - since Scrivener doesn't get it, I was asking if others were having trouble buying VV.

As "NO DISCLOSURE OF OUT OF STATE SUPPLIERS" there was no mention of any out of state suppliers - so enough with that!

Please stop twisting my words and reading between the lines - save that for work.

...Your screed is merely a transparent attempt at misdirection from someone clearly losing a fight he sought. No wonder you, like the OP you are trying to run interference for, are still listed as an "Unknown Quantity" over 2 years after joining.

I don't get it - What the hell does "Unknown Quantity" have to do with shooting?

Hdgun, like myself actuall help fellow shooters -

This sport is about making friends and encouraging new shooters to partake. An attitude like yours is bad for this sport - if all you want to do is debate then you should find a debate forum or fight club.

and what fight are you referring to? - if this was a fight I think you'd be on the ground bleeding from the from all the forum member that you have pist-off.

You seem to beat to a different drum - your typing ego is so big that you can't see that you are wrong on so many levels

Scrivener and Kevin9,
Look ... I started this thread and was not asking nor implying that I was looking for an out of state supplier.

Please reread my original post.

I clearly stated that I was looking for two specific powders to test.

Indeed you did; you also asked if other people were having trouble buying VV powder. Hence my inference that you needed a supplier. I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.

If all you want is some to test, I have the bottle of 3N38 I opened last night. It is about 3/4 full, which should be plenty for you to work up test loads with.

I also have some N350, which is also a good choice for Super Open loads. Let me know if you need either/both.

As "NO DISCLOSURE OF OUT OF STATE SUPPLIERS" there was no mention of any out of state suppliers - so enough with that

Please stop twisting my words and reading between the lines - save that for work.

Please read Post #5 - YOUR post - and tell us who is "twisting" words.

Chill PMD, I was posting to hdguns and not trying to zing you. Sorry if it came across that way.

Now to be honest when I read the OP, the way you stated the question followed by a statement regarding your current sources, I got the impression you were asking for other sources in a roundabout way. AFAIK there's no NES prohibition on asking that question, even explicitly, only in answering it publicly. No harm, no foul.

You gotta know that a "Yes/No" question is asking for trouble on NES. It's just too simple, and people are gonna want to expand upon it ad infinitum. [smile][smile]

So to your actual question, I don't know because I don't yet reload, let alone use VV powder.

Good Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom