Question for all you IDPA shooters that reload...

How much did the POI change when shooting the 147s? You got fixed sights on your 85 right?

I didn't notice any change in POI, but then I suck and I shoot mostly within 25 yards. If I didn't suck and shot at 50 yards I might notice a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone got any advice on primers? Favorites or ones to avoid? For rifle I use CCI small rifle bench rest primers, but I don't hear much about CCI when talking to pistol shooters.

I've used Federal and Winchester. I haven't noticed any difference in performance. Federal primers are softer and are easier to get damaged during reloading. Federal primers are also easier to ignite if you have a light hammer/striker spring.

Last edited:
Has anyone got any advice on primers? Favorites or ones to avoid? For rifle I use CCI small rifle bench rest primers, but I don't hear much about CCI when talking to pistol shooters.

Federal primers are soft so no light strikes. I'm running thru some CCI I bought in the drought and have a bunch of light strikes.

You are going to need to try out several loads, with multiple powders, bullets, etc. before you find the one you like. I have 22 different loads for 9mm in three years of reloading because powder, bullets, and primers disappear during obamascares, or I don't like the results. However, I have a favorite, 4.3g bullseye, 115fmj hornady #35557 ( or the Montana gold eq.) with win small pistol primers. Also, once you find your favorite pistol load, buy all the components for it that exist on earth.

Federal primers are soft so no light strikes. I'm running thru some CCI I bought in the drought and have a bunch of light strikes.

you guys getting light strikes in Glocks - are you using the lightened striker spring? If so, you should buy a Jager (or Glockworx, but I prefer Jager) lightened, extended firing pin. This will eliminate light strikes with harder primers.

Back
Top Bottom