Question about revolver stocks

I have handled a revolver just like this with the exact same stocks. It felt pretty damn good in my hands. I can not for the love of me find out what the metal piece with finger groves on the upper part of the stock facing the trigger guard is called? maybe a finger or hand extension of some kind?

357.jpg

Grip...not a stock

Some but not all S&W revolvers have that as part of the frame and those wooden grips just don't cover it, I'm not sure if the picture is exactly like that but Ive seen several that were.

You're wrong on both counts. They are properly called stocks.

And no, that metal piece in front of the stocks and behind the trigger guard is not part of the frame. It's a Tyler T Grip.

Does the Tyler-T grip actually help with control of the revolver during use? Like I said the revolver felt really good in my hands with the Tyler T- grip.

The T grip fills the space behind the trigger guard. This places your hand lower on the gun. For some people this lower placement causes the little finger to hang off the bottom. I'm one of those people so I use longer grips instead. Some also feel that keeping the hand higher on the gun, reduces muzzle rise during recoil. My advice is to try both and use what you like best.

Back in the day, 25 years ago... I had them on my J frame, helped quite a bit, now I use Pachmyr grips

Back
Top Bottom