Question about Private Sales...

Ok, I have that P12 up for sale.

If someone were to want to buy it, and they only have a Class B, I can only sell it with the 10 round magazines, correct? I can't sell it with a correct 12 round magazine.

But, if they have a Class A, I can.

Is this correct in my thinking?

My understanding is that an LTC Class B holder cannot buy it because it is a large capacity pistol. It does not matter if you just sell them the 10-round mags, it is the pistol that is restricted.

Let's see if I am correct or mistaken.

edited to add: I just checked and it is on the Large Capacity Weapons Roster/List maintinaed by the Commonwealth.

IF it is on the Lg Cap List published by EOPS, it needs a LTC-A even if it is sold with a low-cap mag (or even without a mag).

Good catch!

The same law would apply if it were for a rifle - i.e. if it has a < 10 round mag, but can accept a large cap mag, the person buying it needs a Class B, not just an FID card.

FYI...

Umm, Lynne this isn't quite true.

Ruger 10/22? FID is adequate. I can tell you that Ron worked hard at making that come true. Anyone want some hi-caps (Pre-ban) for their Ruger 10/22, I have them for sale.

Now, since I have the hi-caps AND the gun, yes LTC-B is the minimum for it. But I can sell the gun (not on your life) with the stock Ruger mags to an FID holder.

The tricky wording is "if the gun mfr made the gun and sold it at any time to civilians with >10 it needs a LTC-B". If however, the gun was only sold by the mfr with lo-cap mags (Ruger 10/22 . . . Ruger never made hi-cap mags for it), then an FID suffices.

NOBODY should have a FID card anymore anyway. Same hassle, same cost for LTC and unless one is a forbidden person (therefore the FID still makes them a FED FELON for possession), so you might as well have the LTC.

C-pher said:
Speaking of...how much are your large capacity 10/22 magizines?

I'll have to look when I dig out the .357 brass. They're all in the same box. I'll send you all the info at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom