• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question about primer prices

KTech2316

NES Member
Small pistol and rifle primers are available for $52.95 plus tax at Middleboro gun shop!

My question is....Are the stores paying that much more to get primers? Are they gouging? or has the price climbed that much from their distributors? What is your opinion!

Shops in NH were getting about $40/1000 count boxes of primers last time I looked (a few months back). That's for the small primers, not large or magnum's...

Small pistol and rifle primers are available for $52.95 plus tax at Middleboro gun shop!

My question is....Are the stores paying that much more to get primers? Are they gouging? or has the price climbed that much from their distributors? What is your opinion!

They may have overpaid at one point and gotten stuck with old overpriced stock, but that's not you're problem. They're probably just feeding off gullibles. Then again, almost everything "down there" in that region of MA has a terrible price on it at a gun shop. It's pretty much a black hole.

The going rate for a brick of CCIs is like $30 or so... to put things into perspective. $35 or less is tolerable. Any more than that and you're getting raped.

-Mike

The going rate for a brick of CCIs is like $30 or so... to put things into perspective. $35 or less is tolerable. Any more than that and you're getting raped.

-Mike

I haven't seen $30 CCI 500s in a while. I have been seeing $37-$40 for small pistol primers. I haven't bought any at that price but that is what I have been seeing in Central MA.

We got small rifle primers for about $40/1000 towards the end of last year. I've not looked at primers since though. We have a good amount of the rifle primers, and I have a healthy supply of large pistol primers.

Shops in the north shore of MA have been selling for $32.50 to $40. Never, ever pay $50 for a brick of 1000 primers...

Just hit a shop this afternoon that had some titegroup and some clays.They had Small pistol primers for $41.99

Anything over $35.00/1000 around here and you are straight up getting gouged. I don't understand why primer prices are so silly up here.

It ain't gouging if people will pay for it, and there are enough suckers around that pay like $45 for a box of primers and $80 for a brick of .22 LR because they bought into the hype and hysteria.

The best way to make the prices go down is to not pay them. Hedge. Wait,, buy from cheapest source, etc... anything is better than paying the stupid price (tm). Or if you're desperate buy as little of it as possible at
the stupid price until you can find a better price.

-Mike

I haven't seen $30 CCI 500s in a while. I have been seeing $37-$40 for small pistol primers. I haven't bought any at that price but that is what I have been seeing in Central MA.

Cabela's had them on sale online for $29.99 but marked $39.99 in the store. If you asked, they would give you the web price in the store. This was back in the fall, but it's worth checking their online prices if you're ever headed there.

That's funny I have a brick of 1000 Winchester small pistol for sale in the classifieds for 35.00!

The best way to make the prices go down is to not pay them. Hedge. Wait,, buy from cheapest source, etc... anything is better than paying the stupid price (tm). Or if you're desperate buy as little of it as possible at
the stupid price until you can find a better price.

-Mike

That's why I have resolved myself to purchase out of state from now on. I thought $30/k was silly, but paid it for 2000 to get me through until I could buy in 5k lots for under $25/k.

Gonna head up north this weekend to pick up some berry's heads....Gonna pick up as many primers I can at $32.95.

This, 26 per 1 K CCI400 small rifle pluss 26 hazmat. buy in bulk. group buy?
I'm gearing up to do a group buy on primers. Basically you need 50k or 10 cases to make hazmat and shipping worth it. Nov 2012 it was right around 48$ ship and hazmat on 50k primers.
My only source only has wolf primers under 31$ shipped. The rest are out of stock or expensive.
Swampy if you found cci for 26$/1000 please pm me. I will would run with a group buy those prices!
Most sources I find are still out of stock and have not updated their website prices since 2012!

I'm gearing up to do a group buy on primers. Basically you need 50k or 10 cases to make hazmat and shipping worth it. Nov 2012 it was right around 48$ ship and hazmat on 50k primers.
My only source only has wolf primers under 31$ shipped. The rest are out of stock or expensive.
Swampy if you found cci for 26$/1000 please pm me. I will would run with a group buy those prices!
Most sources I find are still out of stock and have not updated their website prices since 2012!

I am in Framingham if your not too Far away I would be in for 10K CCI LPP at the ~$30 per K price.

Gonna head up north this weekend to pick up some berry's heads....Gonna pick up as many primers I can at $32.95.

What does SO or Riley's charge for Berry's heads anyway? Like 9mm or 38 cal heads?

Last edited:
What does SO or Riley's charge for Berry's heads anyway?

More than "place that shall not be named here" but not so much that they're a bad source to get bullets from in a pinch... figure another $20 bucks a crate of 1000 of whatever.

-Mike

Bob's gun and archery in Webster just got sp, and sr winchester primers in stock, he is $29.99/k

Bob's gun and archery in Webster just got sp, and sr winchester primers in stock, he is $29.99/k

Can't really beat that with a stick for an MA price. Wouldn't surprise me if that was one of the lowest in MA right now.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom