Question about LTC applications

Duane Allman

Banned
If you already hold an FID card, but want to upgrade to an LTC, does that mean you would check the New Application box or the Renewal box?

Last edited:
Crap.

Sounds like I'm going to need to take another course.

In my "in the black" town, thats practically a given.

Last edited:
By law this is only true if:

- You didn't have an FID prior to 1998, or
- You took a course that was NOT certified for LTC

With that said, many chiefs will require a new course just to be as big a PITA (and cost you significant $$) as possible. By law they aren't supposed to be able to do this, but they can use that as a means of assessing "suitability" and force you to do it . . . unless you hire an attorney (that will probably cost you 2-4x what the course cost) to fight them.

With that said, many chiefs will require a new course just to be as big a PITA (and cost you significant $$) as possible. By law they aren't supposed to be able to do this, but they can use that as a means of assessing "suitability" and force you to do it . . . unless you hire an attorney (that will probably cost you 2-4x what the course cost) to fight them.

I'm thinking I may need a new course/attorney combo. [sad2]

This issue generally - and a "range test" particularly - is presently before the Brookline District Court. Regardless of what that court decides, an appeal is likely.

Back
Top Bottom