question about AR upper pricing

hillman

NES Member
Recently I've been looking for an AR upper, complete with BCG, 16 or 20 inch, and I am having a hard time finding anything close to what the pricing online "new" would be. I know, most places that sell uppers new have a 6 month wait now but they still show pricing for what I am looking for to be between $600-$750ish.

What I am seeing now is the same thing, as far as I can tell, being sold at gun shows or privately for $1000-1500.

Is there something I am missing, are these really somehow better, or is it just because they do have such a long wait time that the prices are so high right now?

And as for that, how hard is it to make a non-MA compliant, pre-ban upper MA compliant?

its all supply and demand unfortunately. Barrels and bolt carrier groups are really hard to come by these days so even trying to build one on your own can be challenging. As for taking a pre-ban and making it MA complaint, not too hard at all. Just pin the compensator and file off the bayo lug and you are good to go.

Why buy a new upper?
go onto AR15.com and buy a used one.

As soon as you fire 1 shot through a "new" upper it is "used"

And aren't these things made to last?

You can get uppers on AR15.com for much cheaper than these opportunists are selling them for.

By new I meant new to me. I could care less if it's brand new or used. And yes I've been watching AR15.com but only yesterday was my account there approved because my yahoo email address, which I've had for like 8 years, wasn't suitable to them because it was "anonymous"... so I had to go find another anonymous email account to work from.

Back
Top Bottom