• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

quality hardware

has anyone seen the quality hardware m1 carbine at four seasons??

Quality Hardware M1 CARBINE 30 CAL. CARBINE 1925xxx $1399.95 LIKE NEW APPEARS UN-FIRED

i played with it the other night and may have fallen in love...the question is...is it worth it? apparently its a consignment gun along with the all matching winchester m1 the seller has there...really nice rifle just dont know if i could justify the price unless it was highly collectible...any thoughts?

You have to ask yourself - what do you want it for?

INVESTMENT: If you're going to wrap it in a silicone-impregnated rifle sack, place it in the back of the safe, and never touch it until you're ready to sell for a profit in five years, it's worth it. Think priceless painting.

COLLECTIBLE: If you're going to take it out every once in a while, shoot a few rounds, show it to friends, clean it on a regular basis, and generally treat it like a RIFLE, than the price may be a bit high. Go for mid-level example found on the auction sites all the time for $600 - $900, or wait for a gun show and see Charles Hadley of South Portland. He usually has a wide variety, from mix-master import-stamped rifles, to all-original, unstamped.

UTILITY RIFLE: Call it your truck gun, your TEOTWAWKI gun, your SHTF gun, or your fun gun. Shoot the hell out of it, keep it well maintained, and don't worry about parts matching or bumps and bruises. These can still be found in the $500 range.

Depends what you're looking for.

If I purchase a unissued surplus military gun I do shoot it only at the range at leat a few times but it gets handled very carefully as all my surplups do. If I have an unissued condition surplup I do end up with a lesser condition shooter beater one too so i can enjoy shooting it more. I can't see buying an excellent or NIB surplup and making it a truck gun no matter what it is. I have a NIB russian M44 laminated that was purchased as a hunting piece but it sat in the safe for over 25 years and i recently found out what it was and its still in the safe. I did shoot it once.

Its hard to justify and I just don't think about it, if i have the $$ I get it if i want it really bad and i never look back nor have second thoughts about it. We only pass this way once so leave no wanted surplup behind get them all. When my last day on earth comes i will have no regrets i live life to the fullest and enjoy what little material things i have too.

I bought an M1 carbine from a fellow here on NES earlier this year. I paid a whole lot less than that. Of course, mine isn't unfired or even close.

That said, prone at 50 yards I can keep all my hits nicely in the center of the head on an IDPA target. Works for me...

Back
Top Bottom