M21 No 8 SKS - High Quality Chinese Production

Had the great fortune to land a time capsule yesterday, a Chinese M21 No 8 SKS which is very close to as-manufactured condition. Fit and finish are on par with any of the best producers of the SKS.

Original bluing is near 100%, with no oxidation, freckling or fading. Internal parts have no wear from use. Stock has a few dings, and the finish is the only drawback. It has not been sanded, but there is a coating of BLO over the shellac. Tastefully done, but it still isn't quite right. The bayonet still has a light gold protective film, and the screw is staked. Cleaning kit, rod and a nice period sling are present.

I wish that I could give you a little better background on the M21 SKS, but there is no documented history of manufacture or distribution. But observations of features and context of existence in the US before general importation would indicate that these were built as a subset at Jianshe Arsenal in the late 1950's and/or early 1960's. The guns with this particular serial number configuration are all thought to be brought back from Vietnam or bordering nations in the late 1960's and early 1970's.

Here are the pictures, and thanks for looking.

yLA8DuC.jpg

1PVauNE.jpg

wltjnw7.jpg

Jbgqp2s.jpg

sL51n78.jpg

8UuzbiC.jpg

ZO7GY58.jpg

wIOxVRU.jpg

j8YcugW.jpg

KWPOPko.jpg

Vg4tpGN.jpg

bP0NAmC.jpg

ZEkbrLh.jpg

dRqdbGk.jpg

3XGzDI4.jpg

H3LGEwY.jpg

Very nice piece Martin! Odd that a Chinese gun would use the Western alphabet and numerals on it.

I'm going to just take a month long vacation, pack a few hundred large bills in my wallet and let you take me walking, Martin! Congrats, great find!

Back
Top Bottom