PSA: Watch Out For Gun Jugging

i have often thought when changing a target at 200 yards, i'd be pretty hard up to much about it if someone grabbed one off the bench. i think the gun community is pretty honest folk, but its always in the back of my head. which also leads me to make sure i have the CCW never empty.
I always plan on the buddy system both having a hot gun the entire time, and also taking the roundabout way out of there

Even if you had a ccw, you can’t just shoot somebody for stealing your other gun, especially if you know it to be empty.

Even if you had a ccw, you can’t just shoot somebody for stealing your other gun, especially if you know it to be empty.

If you were down range changing targets, how would you know they ( the thief ) didn't bring their own mag for a particular gun they were looking to steal?

Someone seen by me walking away with one of my guns will get shot.

The best thing to do is not shoot alone for a few reasons.

If you were down range changing targets, how would you know they ( the thief ) didn't bring their own mag for a particular gun they were looking to steal?

This.

i have often thought when changing a target at 200 yards, i'd be pretty hard up to much about it if someone grabbed one off the bench. i think the gun community is pretty honest folk, but its always in the back of my head. which also leads me to make sure i have the CCW never empty.

This is why I like that my range is set up like 1984

If you load your firearm and carry it downrange with you, people can't steal it or the ones you leave on the table.

I always carried my rifle with me to change targets if I was at the range by myself.

Good luck in a Massachusetts court

Good luck proving your life is in danger if he’s running away.

Gun jugging.

It’s a word now.

Can’t put the genie back into the jug.

In Massachusetts they call range thieves “gun lobsters”.

I just made that up.

It’s the regional word for gun jugging.

If you load your firearm and carry it downrange with you, people can't steal it or the ones you leave on the table.

I always carried my rifle with me to change targets if I was at the range by myself.
I remember the day the fudd RO at a club told me to stop shooting my handgun more than 1 round per two seconds, I said fine, loaded a mag, racked the slide and holstered the gun because I was done shooting that handgun. The RO freaked out, told me I couldn't walk around with a loaded gun in my holster (IWB holster). I just laughed and told him to beat it and let the Preaident of the club know someone was walking around with his CCW under his shirt. Around 7 years later and I am still a member there. Although I haven't gone in 2 years and will probably cancel my membership this year.

You'd think, particularly in TX, that this problem would just sort of "work itself out over time."
Yeah you would think that but lots of Texas is urban shithole territory. The high guns per capita and better SD laws just give you better options but don't necessarily reduce the "garbage grade crime".

I remember the day the fudd RO at a club told me to stop shooting my handgun more than 1 round per two seconds, I said fine, loaded a mag, racked the slide and holstered the gun because I was done shooting that handgun. The RO freaked out, told me I couldn't walk around with a loaded gun in my holster (IWB holster). I just laughed and told him to beat it and let the Preaident of the club know someone was walking around with his CCW under his shirt. Around 7 years later and I am still a member there. Although I haven't gone in 2 years and will probably cancel my membership this year.
Loop Club? [laugh]

What does this tell you? Irresponsible?

“They’re actually staking out your vehicle, waiting for you to leave your guns unattended inside your vehicle,”

“We’ve had a couple of people say they left the gun club and walked just into a corner store and when they came out their stuff was gone. These people are watching.”

"As the victim went inside, the suspects parked directly behind the victim’s SUV, smashing out the back window and taking two gun cases from the back seat."

In the cases of the first two, I wonder if their vehicles were locked?

I was at my club yesterday, shooting on the rifle side and left my pistols in the truck that was about 40 ft away. The truck is locked, even though it is members only and the only other people there were with me. Also, if I'm going to one of my clubs to shoot, I do not make any other stops unless absolutely necessary.

Not gonna lie, I first read that as gun juggling.
iu

I saw a guy juggle a bowling pin, a running chain saw and an apple while he ate the apple. Shoulda handed out rain ponchos for the front row like Gallagher. As you can imagine, he forgot which was which and tried to bite the chain saw.

Back
Top Bottom