• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Projos- when did they become so expensive?

I loaded up a lot of ammo during those years
Me too. It was a nice way to get in gun time without having to drive 20 minutes to the range shoot for an hour or two and 20 minutes back. Then the cleanup.

I could get 30 minutes in the reloading room and jump into action if need be.

I literally didn’t change my shooting habits during the panic. I remember numerous people at my gun club complaining how hard and expensive it is to get ammo. Meanwhile I got a Tupperware filled with 9mm ammo blasting away. Sucks to be you. Sorry
Oh I have it stacked deep. No need for Tuperware when a bunch o' .30 & .50 cal cans are stacked in file cabinets.
Dollar cost averaging.

My reloading area is about 6 square feet. Same for casting.
I cast in the shed. I reload in the basement. Either way the space is minimal. I doubt I'll ever move to a Dillon 650 or such. Right now it's a Lee APP and that's ok to learn on.
The Lee six pack pro is pretty cheap and has been a lot more user friendly than my loadmaster since it primes on the up stroke.
But changing the shell plate can be a pain (turn the hex key clockwise to unscrew the plate)

Which brings up a good point. Being able to reload during a shortage and not worry about what Targetsports or my local gunshop has in stock was a nice feeling during the Covid panic

I learned very valuable lessons back during the Obama era as everytime that idiot whispered more "gun control" the gun consumers instantly panicked and went bezerk buying / hording everything gun related, specifically .22 rimfire ammo. I had no extra inventory and had just gotten into reloading. During the wonderful buying era of Trump , i spent every extra dollar i could on reloading components and raw lead . Bottom line i have enough reloading components for about 95k rounds spanning 15 different calibers. Im dam proud of my shooting "independence" regardless of political gun panic atmosphere .

Last edited:
I learned very valuable lessons back during the Obama era as everytime that idiot whispered more "gun control" the gun consumers instantly panicked and went beserk buying / hording everything gun related, specifically .22 rimfire ammo. I had no extra inventory and had just gotten into reloading. During the wonderful buying era of Trump , i spent every extra dollar i could on reloading components and raw lead . Bottom line i have enough reloading components for about 95k rounds spanning 15 different calibers. Im dam proud of my shooting "independence" regardless of political gun panic atmosphere .
Amen!

Two to three hours on my progressive.
But that ammo is going to be better than the cheap $0.25/round garbage.
If you tune it to your carry ammo point of impact then your saving a lot more than $0.08/round.
Exactly.
Peoppe tend to compare to the cheap stuff.

Your reloads are tailored to work with your guns.
For example, for one gun I reload 9mm with .358 bullets, can't find that in factory ammo.

Another thing is availability, is the 9mm factory ammo you want always available at the same price?

With reloads, as long as you have the components the ammo is available whenever you want to reload, no need to freak out about it being out of stock or a shipment delay.

Which brings up a good point. Being able to reload during a shortage and not worry about what Targetsports or my local gunshop has in stock was a nice feeling during the Covid panic
I got into reloading because local shops did not carry what I wanted or enough of what I wanted and made zero attempt to order anything.

My time to cast was before I had the baby lol. Someday…
BS I got more casting done from the the time my kids came home from the hospital till about 4 years old. Really could not go anywhere.
They keep you up every 4-6 hours

So come on now enough of excuses. Face it tou can afford not to cast/reload lol.

BS I got more casting done from the the time my kids came home from the hospital till about 4 years old. Really could not go anywhere.
They keep you up every 4-6 hours

So come on now enough of excuses. Face it tou can afford not to cast/reload lol.
Okay you got me. I just don’t have any desire to do it. Brass cleaning and reloading is enough for me lol

Back
Top Bottom