Problem with "Bullseye Ammunition" remanufactured .357 magnum ammo

Deutsche_Dog

NES Member
I went to the range today with a box of .357 semi-wadcutter reloads from Bullseye Ammunition in Woonsocket, R.I.<br>The box contained some regular brass and some nickle brass cases. I loaded 3 of each into my Colt revolver.<br>The first three rounds were the nickle cased and fired and cycled fine. The forth round wouldn't allow the cylinder to<br>turn into place. It was one of the brass cased rounds and after examining it closer I noticed the bullet was actually sticking<br>out of the front of the cylinder a bit and hitting the edge of the forcing cone. It turns out that some of the regular brass rounds were too long!<br>After looking at the cartridges that wouldn't cycle more closely, I noticed that the bullet was not pushed down into the case far enough, there was visible space under the first ring of the bullet, where the others were pushed flush to the case and there was no space between the first ring and the case. I was able to push the bullet with my fingers (had to push pretty hard) and the bullet would click into place. There were about a dozen of the 50 round box like this. This is the first time I've tried buying reloads. Has anyone else had this problem with reloads? Do you think the rounds that I pushed the bullets back into the case by hand are safe to shoot?

I went to the range today with a box of .357 semi-wadcutter reloads from Bullseye Ammunition in Woonsocket, R.I.<br>The box contained some regular brass and some nickle brass cases. I loaded 3 of each into my Colt revolver.<br>The first three rounds were the nickle cased and fired and cycled fine. The forth round wouldn't allow the cylinder to<br>turn into place. It was one of the brass cased rounds and after examining it closer I noticed the bullet was actually sticking<br>out of the front of the cylinder a bit and hitting the edge of the forcing cone. It turns out that some of the regular brass rounds were too long!<br>After looking at the cartridges that wouldn't cycle more closely, I noticed that the bullet was not pushed down into the case far enough, there was visible space under the first ring of the bullet, where the others were pushed flush to the case and there was no space between the first ring and the case. I was able to push the bullet with my fingers (had to push pretty hard) and the bullet would click into place. There were about a dozen of the 50 round box like this. This is the first time I've tried buying reloads. Has anyone else had this problem with reloads? Do you think the rounds that I pushed the bullets back into the case by hand are safe to shoot?

I just shot a box of that brand of reload.......38 special not 357 mag. I inspected all of them before loading them and they looked find.......shot fine......accurate enough for plinking at the range. You must have got that box that was made on Friday at 2:30pm!!!!! I'd get a refund if you can.

This^

If you could push the bullet down with your fingers, the crimp wasn't tight enough, and the bullet backed out under the recoil forces of the first three shots.

Thanks for the replies guys. I checked the rest of the cartidges in the box after the first fail and some of them were backed out before I took them out of the box, so I'm thinking it wasn't caused by the recoil. Maybe just sloppy work like shapiroeric suggested. Ironically, this is the first box of reloads I've purchased in 30 years of shooting and I got the lemons!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom