• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Problem Typing (using MAC)

When typing PM's and posts The "TAB" key for indenting the beginning of a paragraph isn't working. Also when I get to the end of a line and the word doesn't fit instead of moving it to the next line it just keeps going on and splits the word wherever it runs out of space and puts half on one line half on the other. I am using a MAC. I have not had this problem until recently when the format changed. I don't know if it shows up like that for others reading it after I post or send it or just me on my screen.

*EDIT*

Come to find out after posting it shows up correctly and doesn't split the words. Other than no indent for paragraphs.

*DISCLAIMER*

I am a complete idiot when a comes to computers so it is very possible it is something I am doing wrong. I can turn them on and surf the internet. That is about the extent of my computer knowledge which is probably not common for a 29 year old but I am a carpenter and like it that way. I think I was born half a century late.

Thank for any help (even if it is my fault lol)

Brian

Last edited:
This isn't a mac thing. There appears to be a sort of bug in the VB edit window (at least with Chrome and Firefox) that splits words but the reality is that they're not actually split. For example, when I just typed "they're" it split it into "th and ey're" but when I post this it will look normal.

The only workaround is to post and then turbo edit if you see it's actually messed up, unless someone has other ideas.

-Mike

What about changing your default editor in your user settings to a different one?

That fixed it. If I go to Settings > My Account > General Settings and change the editor to "Enhanced Interface" it seems to work like it used to, now.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom