No problem, just stupid stuff.

smokey-seven

NES Member
Not a real hassle, just a stupid thing I thought I’d mention. Some times, stupid stuff indicates other problems.

I mark each forum as read when I finish reading it. When I do so, if there are a few pages and I am on say, page 3, after marking the forum as read, the page marker drops to page 1. I then use the back arrow to leave the forum but it sends me back to the last page I read, in the above case, back to page 3. back arrow to page 2, back arrow to page 1, then back arrow to all forums.

Just a little strangeness to make your day. It took me a few days to discover why I needed an extra back arrow to leave the forum.

That would be normal web browser behavior you describe. The back arrow is bringing you to the last web page you visited, not moving you up the forum tree.

Yes I understand that, but why bother to dump you to another page after marking the forum as read?

The 'forum read' is an action on the NES computer system.

The back page button is a function of your browser. If you cleared cookies it may help.

Two different animals.

The 'forum read' is an action on the NES computer system.

The back page button is a function of your browser. If you cleared cookies it may help.

Two different animals.

Also, the back button does not necessarily refresh the display of content if you use it. In addition press F5 to refresh the display of content. Lastly, it is good suggestion to periodically purge the browser's cache once in a awhile. At least once a month.

In addition press F5 to refresh the display of content. Lastly, it is good suggestion to periodically purge the browser's cache once in a awhile. At least once a month.

Thanks, I do that daily, and at the end of my morning browsing. Also I use DuckDuckgo to insure a modicum of personal hygiene.

instead of clicking the back button, you can accomplish what you're trying to do by clicking for forum link you were just in from the bar above the forum (see below)

Here I just marked the classifieds forum as 'read' and it dumped me in there. To go back to where I was so it shows that forum now in its current 'read' state, I wouldn't use the back button, I'd click on the link in the bar above that I've circled. Or the link to the left of that to go to the main forum display. One click does what you want, its just not on the back button.

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom