• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Price of once fired cases

steve8140

NES Member
Anyone have a source to price out cases?

I have an opportunity to grab a 5 gallon bucket of 9mm and a 5 gallon bucket of 223.

All is once fire mixed headstamp. No price is listed so I’m looking for a ballpark price to work with.

Gunbroker auctions will show the price these are clearing at and I have seen some recent auctions on this stuff.

Castboolits.com has a "Swappin and Sellin" subforum so you can see what those are being cleared at, just harder to search.

I know bulk 9mm goes for 2-3 cents per case at this time...if you can buy it from someone who knows no better, pay them scrap or slightly above (current scrap is $1.5/lb in MA)

to grab a 5 gallon bucket of 9mm and a 5 gallon bucket of 223
difficult to imagine who would be a potential buyer for stuff that lays down for free at the range for pick-up. i have now close to 4k .223 brass probably, all picked-up, and simply do not need no more. did not pay a cent. :)
and 9mm i do not even bother to reload, yet. may be if somebody gave me a bunch of cases i would - but the price of primers and good bullets plus powder now - bites, with a 1k of 9mm brass ammo to be at $300 - 1k primers will be at least $100, 1k bullets around $100 as well. meh.

9mm steel case tula is still cheap and shoots perfectly fine.

Last edited:
difficult to imagine who would be a potential buyer for stuff that lays down for free at the range for pick-up. i have now close to 4k .223 brass probably, all picked-up, and simply do not need no more. did not pay a cent. :)
and 9mm i do not even bother to reload, yet. may be if somebody gave me a bunch of cases i would - but the price of primers and good bullets plus powder now - bites, with a 1k of 9mm brass ammo to be at $300 - 1k primers will be at least $100, 1k bullets around $100 as well. meh.

Really depends on the range and how often you can get there.
One range I go to theres so many brass rats they just sit in their cars waiting till people leave. Sadly most of these guys take the quick scrap price.
I find some brass but not alot. I do have a good amount of what I need on hand if needed.

People are often to lazy to bend over

Anyone have a source to price out cases?

I have an opportunity to grab a 5 gallon bucket of 9mm and a 5 gallon bucket of 223.

All is once fire mixed headstamp. No price is listed so I’m looking for a ballpark price to work with.
Is it clean , is it sorted to any degree.
I would offer .05 each for everything and do it buy weight. Pick 10 cases of each cal weigh it and estimate from there. ?

I wouldn't pay much more than scrap for either one. You can get all you want of both just by picking them up. One club I shoot at has cans for several calibers mounted on the wall for non reloading shooters to put their brass in. They are often overflowing.

I wouldn't pay much more than scrap for either one. You can get all you want of both just by picking them up. One club I shoot at has cans for several calibers mounted on the wall for non reloading shooters to put their brass in. They are often overflowing.
Is this intended for the club or is it a free for all?

For rifle, mixed is tough. It's worth whatever scrap prices are - just under $2/lb last time I went earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom