Price of AR15's coming down?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I was just looking on Gunbroker, and it seems like a inflated prices for AR15's have come down. I also saw that a number of manufacturers (del-ton, cmmg, dpms) are listing AR's for around $750, although they list delivery times that are still three or four months.

Maybe the run on black rifles has subsided? Ammo is still out of stock at many places though, even .22 LR [crying]

The prices on ARs or components never really skyrocketed IMO. They're just backordered to hell. A few vendors who had stuff in stock jacked their prices, but prices for components and rifles haven't ever really been out of line.

The prices on ARs or components never really skyrocketed IMO. They're just backordered to hell. A few vendors who had stuff in stock jacked their prices, but prices for components and rifles haven't ever really been out of line.

Apparently I missed the memo- rifles that were $800-900 now selling for $1100
wasn't an increase? [laugh]

Listed prices and street prices (what you actually pay) are two different things. If you want something "now" you will definitely pay the higher price. Distributors are starting to screw with a lot of the dealers, too.

ETA: FWIW, I think the bubble is starting to burst on EBRs. I've been seeing a lot more of them in stores lately, so while the prices are still high, availability has increased
dramatically. Riley's actually had a full 2 racks of EBRs last week, where as a month or so ago there were like 3 rifles there.

-Mike

If "a few" means everyone except for Stag Arms, then no the prices haven't skyrocketed.

Stores are selling lowers for $160+
Uppers are going for stupid prices.

A long while ago I was looking to build an AR and priced out everything for roughly $650 - $700

I am just finishing my sister's build now and her upper alone was $575

Prices are still high but I think the craze is calming down.

From what I've seen, inventories are starting to come back to near normal in other parts of the country. Once those are up to speed again, you may see MA compliant versions hitting the shelves.

My old stomping ground has a well over 100 AR's laying around. Prices are what they charged before the rush hit.

i still need an upper for mine and cant find what i want... most places are pumping out nothing but m4 style uppers... so unless you want an m4 style build... you are likely going to pay big...

so ill be waiting a bit longer unless it looks like that build time needs to be moved up [wink]

Apparently I missed the memo- rifles that were $800-900 now selling for $1100
wasn't an increase? [laugh]

Listed prices and street prices (what you actually pay) are two different things. If you want something "now" you will definitely pay the higher price. Distributors are starting to screw with a lot of the dealers, too.

ETA: FWIW, I think the bubble is starting to burst on EBRs. I've been seeing a lot more of them in stores lately, so while the prices are still high, availability has increased
dramatically. Riley's actually had a full 2 racks of EBRs last week, where as a month or so ago there were like 3 rifles there.

-Mike

Just going on what I've found. Everything I've bought during the panic spree was bought at normal price levels. Lowers at $125.

I think the bear market bump in equity prices have a little to do with it. In other words, the talk of "green shoots" have calmed the masses which has translated to a dip in gun prices.

Back
Top Bottom