• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preliminary injunction Nationwide

what this Preliminary Injunction nationwide on pistol brace and what it means to Massachusetts Guns owners? We the people understand this the pistol braces are legal to purchase what the DA office think about it in Massachusetts.
thank you

what this Preliminary Injunction nationwide on pistol brace and what it means to Massachusetts Guns owners? We the people understand this the pistol braces are legal to purchase what the DA office think about it in Massachusetts.
thank you
Call and ask them?

Pretty sure you have to have a specific license for a brace, and don’t forget the safety course and application fee.
No.

On a national level the ATF issued a determination contradictory to previous determinations.

The new one says that attaching a pistol brace changes the firearm frim a pistol to an SBR. SBRs are NFA items requiring tax stamps and have travel restrictions.

At least three lawsuits have been filed and injunctions are in effect pending the results.

That’s all Federal level.

I live in GA and I’ve seen nothing here or in my surrounding states - I don’t know what MA/CT/RI/etc have done.

Even with the injunction you still can't have an AR pistol in MA until the AWB is lifted.

And that will be the day frozen pigs fly in hell

I usually don’t remember drinking either.
one time in my 20's I woke up about 7am or so and boofed my organs out.... it was just noro virus, but I asked my girlfriend where we were and how we got home? Here response was priceless, "that was two days ago, i've sent for help, we're gonna get you some help" I actually believed it for the first 3 seconds and almost started crying

I usually don’t remember drinking either.
I usually remember right up to the one where I say "This one's probably a bad idea". Then, nope. One time on vacation, I'd been driving our RV all day through hot places, AC wasn't doing much, I wasn't drinking enough water, and I forgot to take my diabetes medication. Dehydrated and high blood sugar, we stopped for the night, I downed a cold beer just to try to get cool, started on my second one, and woke up the next morning. Turns out, sometime after that second beer, I either drank a whole bottle of maker's mark I'd been saving, or drank some of it and dumped the rest out. It was the big $50 bottle. My wife had pics of me building a fire, playing on the beach, bleary eyed, and watching a movie with my son, but I lost a good 12 hours.

Just to clarify, Pistol Braces were never determined to be illegal in any state. The ATF tried to say it was illegal to put one on a pistol. And they found out they were wrong. The injunction is nationwide and should last basically forever since if the ATF appealed it, they would appeal to the same court that granted the injunction.

Back
Top Bottom