• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Powder measure/scale

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I’m lookin* for a recommendation on a good powder measure as a gift for my dad. Simplicity, accuracy, and ease of use are key.

He is currently reloading on a Hornady LNL for 9mm, 38sp, 45 auto, and 8mm Mauser.

Thanks,

Bob

I have a Hornady and it works fine.
I mainly use it for my rifle loads and I have a couple Lyman 55s set up for throwing unique and such for pistol and powder puff rifle loads.

Are you looking for a auto dispenser type?

i have the lyman gen6 compact. Its about as easy no frills as it gets.
Punch in powder charge decide if you want auto dispense and go. Its slow and as far as i know cant be tuned .
Other than that i have manual powder measure,
Hornady, lee auto drum, and a old rcbs. All work well

Are you looking for a auto dispenser type?

i have the lyman gen6 compact. Its about as easy no frills as it gets.
Punch in powder charge decide if you want auto dispense and go. Its slow and as far as i know cant be tuned .
Other than that i have manual powder measure,
Hornady, lee auto drum, and a old rcbs. All work well

The gen 6 is similar to the RCBS I looked at easy and no frills is where it’s at. He isn’t a technology lover per se.

Bob

The gen 6 is similar to the RCBS I looked at easy and no frills is where it’s at. He isn’t a technology lover per se.

Bob
i have a small space, the gen6 takes up a small foot print. Im not loading high volume or really need super accracy , I also dont need a scale to remeber a charge weight for me. I also do not want any more devices that "link" .

Back
Top Bottom