Potentially deploying in June... what should I make sure I bring with me??

Oh, If I recall our Medics did spend the cash to get their own Medic Backpacks/Bags to suit their own tastes. You do get CLS bags but I guess it depends how much into the role you get.

Last edited:
I have my own CLS bag... and Im pretty comfortable with it.. I honestly think if i ever need it its going to be woefully inadaquate... but, I have to find out whats what.. i THINK that Ill be making up a good sized bag for the TRUCK im in... do that

Pistols deployed

Not sure if I am gonna be issued a pistol, but Im hoping so. Anyone here with the angle on that chime in. I am a CLS, and so I have been told that that is the way to get one. Go with the medical angle and needing to use one hand to defend while treating with the other

The medical thing, dont get wrapped around that at the end of the day everyone is a rifleman first most people get CLS. I know in the active side of the house its mandatory training prior to deployment (Atleast where im from)The medics arnt going to be fighting with a pistol, their going to have a rifle assigned. They arnt going to be shooting with one hand and stuffing Kerlix with another. It just isnt how to do business, its not good idea for a person on mission to not have a rifle. Mostly leadership is gonna get them, their good on the FOB, and make them look important. The people that really should be issued them is guys with a non standard weapon, by that I mean a machine gun or sniper system. Due to reliability, and ease on the FOB. So if your assigned a M249 thats your angle, not CLS. It will really be driven my your MTOE, if you dont have allot of weapons, then you dont get them. I was lucky and didnt have that problem. I got issued Glocks, and couldnt be happier, I had 3 pistols for my 6 mam team. You may fall into allot of SBE pistols and be GTG also, might not. Given talking to you and what your gonna be doing bro, dont hold your breath. Dont waste the money on a lanyard also, they get caught on shit.

ya.. ill know when i get there. Still... two weapon systems are better than one.. and i NEVER ONCE EVEN CONSIDERED having the M-9 as the PRIMARY ..... I want one as secondary means of defense!!

Yeah. We got stuck wearing Lanyards due to a certain female loosing her 9mm in a dump. Let me tell you the 2 days the company spent looking for it sucked.

Center, by your name and the fact you said you were PSD I am gonna guess you were with the 181 at the Embassy recently? You most likely heard about the dump incident.......

Im looking to PM with someone whos been through a MOB in the last year or so. Starting to pack my trash, looking for advise on what to bring what not to and the process at FT McCoy.

Yeah. We got stuck wearing Lanyards due to a certain female loosing her 9mm in a dump. Let me tell you the 2 days the company spent looking for it sucked.

Center, by your name and the fact you said you were PSD I am gonna guess you were with the 181 at the Embassy recently? You most likely heard about the dump incident.......

I felt bad for you guys!

Okay, if you guys are going to keep hijacking the thread I will close it. Start your own threads please.[grin]Or take it to PM's.

Back
Top Bottom