Ponsness Warren Shotshell

I don't have any experience, but I do have one sitting in my shop. It is extremely well built and has eight stations. I just don't shoot enough shotgun to get it up and running.

I have one on my bench that I used to load all of my 12 gauge until lead prices went crazy. It is a rugged machine and can produce quality shells at a high rate. I can load a box of 25 in a couple minutes. Mine is the 800-B model.

I personally do not, I own a Mec 9000, but some guys that I shoot sporting clays with say theirs are finicky with regards to shotshell brand and condition as well as wads. For the money I think you can't go wrong with a Mec. Great machine and customer service is as good or better than Dillon. BTW my Mec is over 12 years old and I have loaded roughly 10,000 rounds a year, or more, on it for the first 10 years, lately not nearly that volume, with very little trouble. It does need to be retimed a little at this point. My 2 cents.

MEC all the way

I have a MEC single stage that works extremely well. I can crank out 100 rounds in an hour. I know not very high volume but quality shells every time. Cheap press too, only $150 or so new.

Back
Top Bottom