Anybody Familair With Posness/Warren ShotShell Presses ?

EddieZoom

NES Member
Laid eyes on a Size-O-Matic 900 for the first time last week....honestly didn't know what to make of it...looked like a serious piece of equipment designed to crack the Enigma code ;-)

Not a shotgunner, much less a shotgun reloader.

What can you tell me about these things ?

i have one in 12 ga. it's idle now but when i bought it in the early '90's when i shot a lot of trap, it could pound out a powerful amount of shells in a short time. i had the extra tall bottles for shot and powder and the extended primer tray. the only manual operation was putting a wad in the holder and cranking the handle. you could buy a hydraulic unit w/foot petal to eliminate the pulling of the handle if you wanted. it manufactured a near duplicate of a factory crimp using a AA hull and did quite well with federals as well. the finished shells tumbles down a little chute. i cut a hole in my bench and the shells fell into a big tub for boxing later. when i got cranking into full production, i'd have a hefty trash bag full of hulls, a case of wads and a sleeve of primers and just go until one component ran out. that's it in a nutshell. i paid $700-800 for mine new over 25 years ago. i see them selling used now for 450 to 600 depending on condition. i think 450-500 is a reasonable price for used in good condition. they will usually come with a bunch of accessories, the tall bottles, pw cover, shell counter and the bushing kits. these were all add ons when i bought mine. that's pretty much all i can remember, hope it gives you a little info.

It's the dillon 650 of the shotgun world.
Great machines and hold value pretty darn well.

I can tell you that they work great. Kind of wierd going from the dillon to the PW so I just loaded a large amount of shotshells when my supply ran low. Unless it has a very large amount of extras, $450-$500 is a bit high.

Back
Top Bottom