Police Interaction Positive but he asked if I was on Parole

I just got a warning for a traffic stop. The cop was totally professional and we conducted business in a respectable back and fourth manner. After he gave me the warning he asked me if I was on Parole. I was like "no, never even came close". He told me that when he looked me up in the system that it came up "red' on the screen. This was shortly after the new DMV upgrade. I think it was marked red because of my LTC. Any idea if this is true? This was in Newton MA. Like I said the cop was a decent dude just asking questions.

i think i would have asked what does red mean and see if it was top secret or would he say exactly why you were highlighted.

I just got a warning for a traffic stop. The cop was totally professional and we conducted business in a respectable back and fourth manner. After he gave me the warning he asked me if I was on Parole. I was like "no, never even came close". He told me that when he looked me up in the system that it came up "red' on the screen. This was shortly after the new DMV upgrade. I think it was marked red because of my LTC. Any idea if this is true? This was in Newton MA. Like I said the cop was a decent dude just asking questions.

You should have said no, but they did release me for good behavior.

You could have told him you "Were on a conjugal field-trip..."

Sounds like he ran you on his LAN/MDT. The system I'm familiar with will highlight potential matches/hits in red, and will sound an alarm if the sound is up. If in CJISWeb, it'll highlight in yellow/gold, and will have a triangle with an exclamation point symbol.

It sounds like someone wrote "SELECT count(*) from records WHERE name=....." rather than "SELECT count(*) from records WHERE name=... AND record_type!=LTC AND record_type!=FID"

Last edited:
Sounds like he ran you on his LAN/MDT. The system I'm familiar with will highlight potential matches/hits in red, and will sound an alarm if the sound is up. If in CJISWeb, it'll highlight in yellow/gold, and will have a triangle with an exclamation point symbol.
Ahhh, unlike the old regime identifying people with yellow/gold superimposed double triangles, the new one will identify the "new undesirables" with a single yellow/gold triangle.

Lovely to know just how much information someone can get from a plate or license, and how easy it is for the wrong indicator to be programmed in.

1984 is 34 years in the past and yet only a few years away...

Back
Top Bottom