• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police In Germany Fire 85 Shots

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
That's a total of 85 shots in a whole year!

German police officers fired a total of 85 bullets in 2011, 49 of which were warning shots, the German publication Der Spiegel reported. Officers fired 36 times at people, killing six and injuring 15. This is a slight decline from 2010, when seven people were killed and 17 injured. Ninety-six shots were fired in 2010.

Meanwhile, in the United States, The Atlantic reported that in April, 84 shots were fired at one murder suspect in Harlem, and another 90 at an unarmed man in Los Angeles.

Full Story >>> http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_new...lice-fired-just-85-bullets-total-in-2011?lite

Hey Juergan, is there an ammo shortage over there ???? [rolleyes]

Officers fired 36 times at people, killing six and injuring 15.

Minimum of 21 hits out of 36 shots. Damn good marksmanship under stress too.

We should just fire the police force here en masse and issue a few H-1 visas to import some cops from there.

Also related:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy#Germany

Compared with other EU countries the drug policy of Germany is considered to be rather progressive but still stricter than for example the Netherlands. In 1994 the Federal Constitutional Court ruled that drug addiction was not a crime, as was the possession of small amounts of drugs for personal use. In 2000 the German narcotic law ("BtmG") was changed to allow for supervised drug-injection rooms. In 2002, a pilot study was started in seven German cities to evaluate the effects of heroin-assisted treatment on addicts, compared to methadone-assisted treatment. The positive results of the study led to the inclusion of heroin-assisted treatment into the services of the mandatory health insurance in 2009.

Well, other than the 'mandatory health insurance' part...

That's the reason.

No, I think that's political BS. The difference between the US and the rest of the world is the rest of the world does not abuse traffic law to make pre-textual stops. Here, the traffic stop is the number one means/reason for initiating interaction with the public. And cops can and do (they are told to) use those stops to up the ante which is what causes a large number of confrontations.

Not really. I also doubt, that the cops over here are better shots.

And yes, a few vicious dogs have been shot also.

Perhaps they don't use their job as a platform to live out their fantasies which make up for their lack of manhood. I know lots of great cops who were great guys before they became cops. Guys who know and understand their abilities, toughness, or whatever you want to call it, usually don't feel the need to "prove" it on those less fortunate. I have had a few interactions with LEOs and I tip my hat to the ones who were professional and courteous, but I also have stories about the ones who tried to initiate a confrontation with both words and actions, just hoping to get me to cross the line. Those ones I have no respect for. There are a**holes in every walk of life, it's just that they don't all carry the power of the badge.

That's because they are level headed normal people not hellbent of arresting the world and shooting anything that moves outside of the thin blue line. The homeland of the jack booted thug proves to have a more civilized police force. The land of freedom that defeated the original jbt proves to be loaded with 21st century SS.

Ironic.

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

IMHO the very low number of shots fired is connected to a lot of de-escalation training.
Also, I deem the cops over here to be rather "trigger shy" because of a crapload of bureaucrazy
for each round fired.

Though, in some cases I'd rather see them shooting up an a**hole than neutralizing him by other means.

Back
Top Bottom