Police Gun Sight?

If you’re gonna get one for Carry get a good one this.. I only have sites like that on my Bullseye 22 pistols and they’re cheap garbage at work great for that, what the cops rocking is expensive. I bet it’s nice piece of equipment though

Last edited:
God forbid I ask a question about something I'm not familiar with. Isn't that one aspect of these forums...to ask questions and learn?
Dude, you say his about my lightweight comment? By NES standards it's practically a friendly hug. You've been on NES for a couple years now and you think this is harsh? You definitely need to read/post more, get that skin to thicken up a bit. And I actually gave you an answer, most would have just jumped on you for not putting in the effort to search first.

Don't worry, I won't help by answering your questions in the future, I wouldn't want to offend you.

Too many options out there to sort out ranging from utter shit to decent for a plinker to suitable for your carry piece. I like sage dynamics videos on the topic.

I don't like red dot sights on pistols. I shoot much better for speed and time with irons. The dot moves around a lot sort of like when you have a scoped handgun. It's harder to find point of aim from a draw On a long gun it is a different game.

God forbid I ask a question about something I'm not familiar with. Isn't that one aspect of these forums...to ask questions and learn?
Let me introduce myself, one of the few law enforcement (retired) on this website that's left. If you have thin skin, I'd have to suggest coming here with a grain of salt.

@Stainless 14 - don't let them get to you.
It's obvious that you aren't up to speed on current optical sight options but slide mounted sights have been around a while. That's why the ribbing.

Once you get used to them they allow a much faster sight acquisition in low light than standard sights. Perfect alignment isn't necessary so swapping hands or eye doesn't effect shot placement so just line up the dot on the target and that's where it hits (assuming offhand trigger pull is decent).
Do some reading up on them - you might find out that you have a new "need"

I have a browning buckmark on my Victory 22.
For around $60 you can't go wrong to test the waters and a 22 isn't going to beat it up
thanks for the suggestion. :)

If you’re gonna get one for Carry get a good one this.. I only have sites like that on my Bullseye 22 pistols and they’re cheap garbage at work great for that, what the cops rocking is expensive. I bet it’s nice piece of equipment though
yes...it's for my carry. :)

You’ve never seen a red dot on a pistol before? Really?

nope, lol. that's why i asked about it after seeing it in the screen grab i posted. but i'm getting a quick education in this thread. thanks for posting the link. :)

There a million and many are good. In addition to those mentioned above, Vortex and Burris and Leupold are all very popular. Just about any handgun will take one. Some have milled slides (increasingly an OEM option) but you can almost always just buy a dovetail rear optic plate from EGW or others.
I'll research the brands you listed. Thank you.

Thank you for the info and advice. I'll def research the best option(s) for mine. While we're on the subject, with a ton of choices I see online, what should I look for feature-wise as a first time purchase? A general idea. :)
You gotta try someone else’s. Lots of different preferences and lots of features to fit people’s preferences!

Dude, you say his about my lightweight comment? By NES standards it's practically a friendly hug. You've been on NES for a couple years now and you think this is harsh? You definitely need to read/post more, get that skin to thicken up a bit. And I actually gave you an answer, most would have just jumped on you for not putting in the effort to search first.

Don't worry, I won't help by answering your questions in the future, I wouldn't want to offend you.
you're right. point taken. I ordered a thicker skin from Amazon. lol

Back
Top Bottom