Polar Bear Carbine Match at PF&G

Palladin

NES Member
Our PF&G 2009 Polar Bear Carbine Match is on Saturday, February 7th. See the flyer on the website at www.pelhamfishandgame.com It has all the details and a link to the registration form. Pre-registration is required, and can be done online.

We'll run 4 squads of 10 shooters; each assigned to a stage to start, then move together to the next stage. If you and your buddies want to shoot together, you can register a group name on the registration form.

The Range Officers will be squadded with the competitors, so everyone gets to shoot in a timely manner.

Expect 4 stages including the long-distance stage. Stages will be interactive and fun, and we'll likely skip the clays this year, to speed things up.

We'll set up warm drinks in the shed this year and give people a place to keep warm.

The 2009 PB designers and crew are looking forward to this year's shoot, and we hope you are too.

Can you use your carbine for the long range stage as well? I don't have a "long range" carbine.. yet.

I have shot the past offerings of this match both handgun and carbine and I have never been disappointed. These folks are a class act. Sorry I need to miss this year.

You guys have a knack for scheduling matches on my drill weekends. Oh well, I'll be doing SRP in prep for deployment instead. Lots of paperwork, very little fun...

Great match! Congrats to the Pelham crew - you guys did a nice job. Only glitch was the bottleneck at stage 2. All stages were challenging and I had a good time.

Looking forward to the next carbine IDPA match - and the shotgun match sounds interesting, too.

Another great Polar Bear Match at PF&G! Thanks very much to the PF&G staff that ran the match. It was a very well run and fun match. The Polar Bear Match really seperates the men from the boys!

Looking forward to next year already.

Had a great time as always. Though I may not end up with the best score or best times, just getting out with friends and having a good time makes attending worth every minute.

Nobody got hurt, everyone had fun and PF&G.....you guys did great with moving the shooters through the stations, considering just navigating the snow required added time.

I was disappointed that a couple of the previous ones had been cancelled but they made the right call as to conditions.
Thanks PF&G for another great job running the shoot......as always.

I look forward to the next one.

Have the results been posted yet? I can't seem to find them, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.

Thanks to Paul D and his entire crew for a well-thought-out and extremely well-run match. Everything went smoothly, and where there were slight slow-downs, Paul was right there on the spot directing traffic and relieving any bottle-necks.

Four stages, tramping through the snow, first shots not until 0900, and I still finished before 1300. Many thanks to the entire Pelham crew.

Didn't realize there were so many NESers present. We should have a secret sign or something. What did you guys look like? I was the guy in the orange hat (figured I'd be easier to find if lost in a snowdrift) with an M1 and AK.

I was the guy in the boonie hat.

Shoot097.jpg

Didn't realize there were so many NESers present. We should have a secret sign or something. What did you guys look like? I was the guy in the orange hat (figured I'd be easier to find if lost in a snowdrift) with an M1 and AK.

Hey guywithglasses and USMA-82,

Great to meet you both at the shoot. Its always fun to meet other NES junkies on the range. The match was fun although I have to work on my long range shots. Guywithglasses - I was the person in your group who was talking with USMA-82 about his lower. Its an easy tell-tale sign of an NESer.....

Who's that guy with the "Ray Charles" glasses, yo daddy??[rofl][rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guywithglasses and USMA-82,

Great to meet you both at the shoot. Its always fun to meet other NES junkies on the range. The match was fun although I have to work on my long range shots. Guywithglasses - I was the person in your group who was talking with USMA-82 about his lower. Its an easy tell-tale sign of an NESer.....

Heh thanks for the Kodiak! Great meeting you guys!

Back
Top Bottom