• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Plumber lies about shooting while forging bullet on grassy knoll

Reptile

NES Member
Plumber suspected in Stonehill College shooting claims to have made mistake while forging bullet, but police found gun ditched outside 'in grassy area'

A plumber terminated from his employment at Stonehill College after a colleague took a bullet to the knee at work appears to have twice lied to police about the nature of what happened, a report by Easton Police Department says.

The college itself was no more honest about the event, only acknowledging an injury-causing "workplace incident" had occurred on Oct. 11 when interested parties inquired about the police and emergency response around 9:20 a.m. to a school facility called Clock Farm.

Now, police are saying the plumber, like the college, only reported a "workplace accident" when he initially called police, who quickly determined something quite different had happened.

Easton Police Department Detective Darren Mangott said he interviewed the reporting party, Dean Tupper, 57, at Clock Farm after the shooting, and a farfetched yarn emerged.

Tupper appeared to be lying, writes Mangott, when he told of an attempt to forge a bullet by molding lead on top of a Ramset charge.

"While tapping the lead with a hammer, the charge exploded," Mangott wrote of Tupper's explanation. "As the charge exploded it caused the lead, which he had affixed to the top, to shoot off and hit a coworker who happened to be walking by."

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/plumber_suspected_in_stonehill.html#incart_river_home

"Magic Bullet Theory" all over again.

I heard the Facilities Dept manager was also fired. He wasn't in the area or had any knowledge of it until after it happened.

Ahhh, good old Stonehill. IIRC, the only place in America, possibly the world, (or maybe the only college. . . anyhoo. . .) with a cattle graveyard. With markers and everything! Original owner(s) raised prized cattle and buried the best bulls and such in a special grave-yard. I believe it's the one with the ridiculously high brick wall on 138.

Also the home of an old mill-stone quarry. You can still find it up in the hills. Mill stones in various states of completion and all. At least it used to be. Maybe some enterprising students lugged them down for keg-holders or something. LOL

Back in a different lifetime, we used to have CCD for our church at Stonehill. Back when the CVS was. . . . the 400 Club, I think.

Ahhh, good old Stonehill. IIRC, the only place in America, possibly the world, (or maybe the only college. . . anyhoo. . .) with a cattle graveyard. With markers and everything! Original owner(s) raised prized cattle and buried the best bulls and such in a special grave-yard. I believe it's the one with the ridiculously high brick wall on 138.

Also the home of an old mill-stone quarry. You can still find it up in the hills. Mill stones in various states of completion and all. At least it used to be. Maybe some enterprising students lugged them down for keg-holders or something. LOL

Back in a different lifetime, we used to have CCD for our church at Stonehill. Back when the CVS was. . . . the 400 Club, I think.

the brick wall surrounds the priest graveyard. i don't know where the cattle are buried.
you are correct about the 400 club restaurant, it was still opened when i moved here. after that it was a short-lived chinese restaurant then sat empty for a while until cvs bought it. wow i'm gettin old!!!!!!!!!

My wife's grandmother was a hostess at 400 Club for years. The Chinese place was all sorts of ??? because the service was horrific. Those folks were barely off the boat that worked there. LOL

I still would like to know the full story on this story. Maybe if we bugged the Confessional.

Them danged Ameseses. I worked with. . . . . . . . Donald(? David?) Ames a billion years ago in Boston. At the time, he owned Watchtower Farm or Clockwork Orange Field or whatever that place is across from Stonehill.

The Ames family built the town of Easton. The Ames family built the first "modern" shovel. The Ames family built the Railroads. The Ames family built the Credit Mobilier scandal that built the railroads. (So much for "honest" Abe. LOL)

still has to be something else involved in this story. the whole thing was covered up from day 1.

the fact that dean tupper hasn't been charged yet, like anyone else would have makes me wonder about this.

Yea, theres a little more involved.
Covered up on every end. Probably to avoid a media frenzy.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but this is the 2nd time this guy brought a gun on campus and got caught.
The guy brought it in to clean it, pulled the trigger, went off, hit the other one in the leg, panicked, came up with the ramset story.
Theres a cattle farm directly behind the building, which is where I'm assuming veterinary training takes place, so because of the proximity to students they tried to play it off as something else.

Its a perfect example of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Back
Top Bottom