Plenty of shooting available this weekend between RR & NFGA

Rod's score is mind blowing...

The next line down Charlies 790-34x is pretty dam fine too!
98.75 average and you don't win the match... Who would have thought that!

5 High Master scores were shot in that match!!!!
Followed by 13 Master scores....

There is some serious competition in this part of the county !

Rod's score is mind blowing...

The next line down Charlies 790-34x is pretty dam fine too!
98.75 average and you don't win the match... Who would have thought that!

5 High Master scores were shot in that match!!!!
Followed by 13 Master scores....

There is some serious competition in this part of the county !
I saw Charlie shot a great score also. The Ol' Man can still do it.
That's funny. We had a match 2 weeks ago and the high score was a 741! Three High Masters shot Expert scores. Wind was averaging 25-30mph and gusting to 45. The high standing score was a 176! I was lucky to come off with a 732.

Hi Pat,

That's why I started putting a box at the top of the scores report with a summary of weather conditions during the match.

We have a Mid Range Prone this Saturday @ NFGA.

We need to start getiing the word out soon on the Regional at Reading next weekend...
It would be great to see a huge turnout at for the Regional and the EIC the next day!

This coming Saturday is our State HP Championship in Hampden followed by an EIC on Sunday, so I doubt you'll see any of us.

Pat,

How did the Hampden Matches go? Good turnouts I hope!

We had great weather and 38 shooters on Saturday for Davids Mid Range Prone Match at NFGA.

IDK about New England but it was hellishly hot here yesterday.

I must be getting old but the thought of wearing a Creedmoor heavy coat and a sweat shirt for three relays and pulling targets for even more of them in 90 degree heat and humidity made me sleep in late and shoot an IDPA match instead.

never quite hit 90, but man was it humid.

no actual matches scheduled sunday, but we shot a "practice" match @ NFGA. 3 or 4 strings of sitting, 3-4 strings of rapid prone, and of course the slow-fire.

offhand wasnt great (184-3), but i double cleaned sitting, and managed to shoot some gorgeous little knots @ 300yards (98 and 99 with a few each...zero still needs a bit of refining)

the one downside to NFGA, compared to Reading, is that the lighting is so nice, that the targets look fantastic. the mirage is so heavy and the light so wacky at reading, that there isnt much to look at aside from that front sight post. i managed to let myself get distracted and bull-gazed...and shot elevation shot after elevation shot. didnt realize it til afterwards when someone else told me what I did. whoops lol. lesson learned. now, time to buckle down and get ready for the Regional/EIC this saturday and sunday @ Reading.

Pat,

How did the Hampden Matches go? Good turnouts I hope!

We had great weather and 38 shooters on Saturday for Davids Mid Range Prone Match at NFGA.

We had no matches this past weekend. Ours are this coming weekend. Sorry for the confusion. Whose idea was it to change the date of the big Regional? Our State Champ. has always been the 2nd weekend in July.

Hi Pat,

I'm not sure who at Reading made the decision on the date(s) on thier schedule.
They had thier 1st draft out 1st then we @ NFGA worked ours out around that schedule.
We also left the dates of the Scarboro Championship open at both Reading & NFGA.

We had the Regional last year @ NFGA and had it on the 3rd week of July.

Have you had any further discussions with anyone at Scarboro to have the Regional there next year instead of back @ NFGA.
It would be nice to see at least a 3 club rotation hostng the Regional each year as opposed to just NFGA & Reading.

I volunteered to help Dave B. and Rocky if they put in for the Regional and got it, but have not heard anything.

B

I agree that a 3-state roatation would be great. I'll probably see those guys this weekend and will push the issue a little.

That would be great.
If Dave B and Rocky knew you and Brian are willing to help out they may agree to host next years regional.

We moved the regional away from the weekend of the 4th in 2005, because some people didnt want the holiday weekend away from family stuff (of course it doesnt always have a 3 day weekend). That being said, I'd love to have the regional move around to 3 clubs, but was told the schedule wouldnt allow it at Scarborough.

OLD MAN...who says I'm OLD :)

Hey Brian,
He is shooting very good, shot 797 at Oak Ridge, for a first place SR..and followed up winning SR at Butner 788 (I think) Then shot a 783 for a 2nd SR back at Oak Ridge. Says there 600yd load is great...he has a lot confidence in it.

I apologize for the "Old Man" comment, Charlie.
Hey Brian,
He is shooting very good, shot 797 at Oak Ridge, for a first place SR..and followed up winning SR at Butner 788 (I think) Then shot a 783 for a 2nd SR back at Oak Ridge. Says there 600yd load is great...he has a lot confidence in it.
Wow! The Old Man must have taught him well. Whoops!

Hey Brian,

Tell him he needs to tighten it up. [laugh]

B

Back
Top Bottom