• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pinned Ar-15 butt stock adjustment on a Windham weaponry ww-15

Ok so i got a bit brave and was looking to shorten my pinned butt stock on my new windham weaponry ww-15 rifle by drilling and tapping new holes in the buffer tube.

It dose not have alot of inwards adjustment, but i was willing to try anyways.

Now disassembly was simple just punch the two role pins out and then unscrew the allen screw on what would be the adjustment handle, now just removed the stock by sliding it off.
Now you can see the buffer tube (it has a smooth bottom, no locking holes under it like a standard adjustable buffer tube) and two role pin holes and the 1/4 20 screw hole in the bottom.

The rifle can not be used untill you repin the stock, its built so the stock dose not lock on to the buffer tube, rather it screws together with the role pins as extra security so you cant easily make adjustments.

although you can only adjust it about an 3/4" to an 1" or so closer, it did make a diffrence for me to permanently drill and tap some new holes, but you might not find it enuff of a adjustment to try it yourself.

Now if you do decide to move it closer you have to make sure you set your stock so the buffer tube dose not extend past the end of the stock or it will dig into your arm,

its obvious when you slide the stock up that its able to move way past the point of the back of the stock, I left about a 1/8 of a inch of the buffer tube in the stock so it should not be in the way.

I did have help when drilling so i could have a second eye waching to make sure i drilled strait into the tube, and it came out quite well, also it is not hard at all to put it back to its origonal position.

To some this may be a bit stupid to do for such a little change in length but i think this was more for the feeling that yes i did modify my rifle and it did go back together with no spare parts, and personaly it dose feel a bit better then before.

Just to be clear it is still pinned just now its a inch shorter and still can be put back with about 5 min of work

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a post ban armalite buffer tube.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.as...Category=fae7c477-dda0-4b29-8bef-ed2b8dc075df

I bought a similar stock with a CAR styled buttstock on it, which was "pinned" in place with only an allen screw.

Thankfully where the screw hole was drilled, it gave me about an inch and a half to move the stock in. I ended up redrilling the hole in the buffer tube, replacing the CAR buttstock with an M4 style, moving it in a bit for a better length of pull, screwed the allen bit back and installed a roll pin as well.

I used the CAR stock on my AK (the slimmer profile of the CAR looked better on the AK).

Mine had role pins from the factory but I kinda wish it was set up with multi positions to pin it all ready drilled in the buffer tube so I did not have to tap a new holes

Back
Top Bottom