Pigs in a muddy Pond

I'm not sure what to make of this thread. I don't know if it's just dry humor or pure hate. I think I find it entertaining nonetheless.

My only beef was reading things from 9X21 complaining about rules. One should never publicly complain about a match format because it disrespects the motivated types who actually do the work putting these shoots on. It's one hell of a lot of work. So somebody else does all the grunt work and then some ingrate comes along and bitches about it. This is very poor behavior. Very poor.

Then this same guy fails to understand that the loser of any contest is honor bound to keep his mouth shut as to why he lost and properly credit the winners. The winners are having their moment. To make excuses in the presence of the winners is to disrespect them. This is a very big thing with me and should be with any honorable sporting man. Lose, tip your cap to the winner, and shut the hell up. Then go home and try to get better. Failing these basic principals of sportsmanship and you should never, ever, come to any kind of athletic event for you are a drain on the spirits of the decent chaps. And there are lots of decent guys who are happy to finish 2nd and with no belly aching.

It's all very simple.

Geez John, you've taken some good trash talking between friends and made it ackward

Mike,
You elected to start this thread in my name,
Read back through a few of your & Robs statements.
My most recent post really sums it up.
From my perspective, you are about winning, nothing else. Good for you!
We are all competitive,
but,
I hate to tell you, there is and always will be someone better.
Please feel free to find & quote any posts from me complaining about the rules or ever losing to anyone.
My comments about stage 2 at monson were in relation to your complaining about the quality stages at A7. I beleive them to be factual, I never cryed about the result. It is an observation the stage sucked, was a test of things you were working on in your class.
An all steel stage would have been more fun.

Not sure where this other a**h*** came from,
When someone, who refuses to say who they are, starts making really inaccruate statements about how I approach this sport, this all becomes very ackward.
It is as if there is some kind of demented stalker out there.
Since this sport involves firearms, Stalkers create a real problem[wink]

Last edited:
9X21, just so you know, behind your back everybody hates your guts. It's really not a big secret.

Now that is news!
Thanks for letting me know, I really had no idea!
I am going to turn over a new leaf right now.
You have really been a huge help,
Thanks again.

My only beef was reading things from 9X21 complaining about rules. One should never publicly complain about a match format because it disrespects the motivated types who actually do the work putting these shoots on. It's one hell of a lot of work. So somebody else does all the grunt work and then some ingrate comes along and bitches about it. This is very poor behavior. Very poor.

Then this same guy fails to understand that the loser of any contest is honor bound to keep his mouth shut as to why he lost and properly credit the winners. The winners are having their moment. To make excuses in the presence of the winners is to disrespect them. This is a very big thing with me and should be with any honorable sporting man. Lose, tip your cap to the winner, and shut the hell up. Then go home and try to get better. Failing these basic principals of sportsmanship and you should never, ever, come to any kind of athletic event for you are a drain on the spirits of the decent chaps. And there are lots of decent guys who are happy to finish 2nd and with no belly aching.

It's all very simple.

What the F are you talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was an amusing read...

Its a good thing we don't play bingo together. I would be really nervous on game day if that were the case.

I don't hate John either, I actually kinda like the guy... in a no homo kinda way.

John, Let me be the first (oops, I put myself in first again[grin]) to apologize for this trash talking that got out of control.
There was no malice intended in my posts, but if people do not have my warped sense of humor, I can see how it could be inferred.

I personally have not seen you bitch or cry about losing, or been a poor loser and I did not accuse you of it.

Have my posts been arrogant? absolutely, but what is the point of talking trash if you don't do it right. I have the utmost respect for my competitors, it is they who are pushing me to train.

It wasn't my intention to start this thread in your name, the mods told me I needed to start another thread to move the posts over. I thought that it would post under my name

Now if this is your way of talking trash, Bravo... you are HOA[smile]

I think we need to start another thread... Should it be Quasimodo or Baconbits? Mike it's not your humor that's warped....

[laugh2]Mike,
Never a problem, We are all competitive,

I DO have a new thread in mind,
just waiting to hear back from Rob before I really get out of hand!
I am waiting for him to piss me off a little more, (come on, you guys will love it!)

So who is the (snyders) pretzel guy,
Renee's or Rob's cousin?

I did not notice your name in A7 squad lists yet?
Don't tell me your not coming,
I heard Steve issues (the match hotel is out of broccoli),
Matt has no access to a crony
and Rob has bell ringing duty that weekend.
Come on, shoot that Mod pistol, I'll still pay your entry FEE
heheheh[laugh]

Last edited:
[laugh2]Mike,
Never a problem, We are all competitive,

I DO have a new thread in mind,
just waiting to hear back from Rob before I really get out of hand!
I am waiting for him to piss me off a little more, (come on, you guys will love it!)

So who is the (snyders) pretzel guy,
Renee's or Rob's cousin?

I did not notice your name in A7 squad lists yet?
Don't tell me your not coming,
I heard Steve issues (the match hotel is out of broccoli),
Matt has no access to a crony
and Rob has bell ringing duty that weekend.
Come on, shoot that Mod pistol, I'll still pay your entry FEE
heheheh[laugh]

I say post the thread now.

I'll be moving to Long Island around A7, so between packing all the stuff, moving it, unpacking, cleaning my house to rent, finding a renter and then finding a new job, I'm not sure I'm going to have a free weekend.

I say post the thread now.

I'll be moving to Long Island around A7, so between packing all the stuff, moving it, unpacking, cleaning my house to rent, finding a renter and then finding a new job, I'm not sure I'm going to have a free weekend.

Being the best requires sacrifices... so what if you don't get a new job... obama will take care of you.

John,

I copied all the OT posts from an old thread at the request of Supermoto who had started a new one. Since your post was the oldest it showed as the first one. That was the only reason why and Mike asked to start a separate thread so all the off-topic stuff wouldn't clutter up the A7 thread. That's all it was. I can't believe how quickly this thread degraded.

I hate to hijack an entertaining and enlightening thread. Please forgive me, but I feel compelled to move on to one of the more important aspects of the challenging USPSA Area 7 event in beautiful upstate New York. If any of you guys can make it, we'll be there Saturday evening after the match. (Then folks will see that these guys actually get along quite well ... and still talk to each other in this manner face-to-face: ... kinda like the brother you wish you never had.)

http://rudyshot.com/

You can drink beer and eat fried clams outdoors next to the lake.

RudysOswego.jpg

eat fried clams outdoors next to the lake.

RudysOswego.jpg

Now your really looking for trouble. Clams in New York?????? Yeah right, those things aren't clams. Just remember where clams live and where they eat. I would guess they have more of an Italian flavor from the bodies buried near them. That Texas Hot Sauce they advertise is probably a necessity. [grin] Why Not try Lobster????? I am sure the Maine contingent can tell you what those little bottom crawlers eat.

Last edited:
Now your really looking for trouble. Clams in New York?????? Yeah right, those things aren't clams. Just remember where clams live and where they eat. I would guess they have more of an Italian flavor from the bodies buried near them. That Texas Hot Sauce they advertise is probably a necessity. [grin] Why Not try Lobster????? I am sure the Maine contingent can tell you what those little bottom crawlers eat.

Yeah I am sure the upstate NY seafood is great! ; )

I will drink the beer though

John,

I copied all the OT posts from an old thread at the request of Supermoto who had started a new one. Since your post was the oldest it showed as the first one. That was the only reason why and Mike asked to start a separate thread so all the off-topic stuff wouldn't clutter up the A7 thread. That's all it was. I can't believe how quickly this thread degraded.

me neither,
But I feel the love now,
even Gary chimed in
Gary,
You can have your old friend back, the "old 55" (an old Eagles song for you youngsters)
for $400 'cause I have seen the light.
(I haven't really, but I do know what it means to sell a pistol & regret it...)
let me know, we can work out something if you want
no BS ,
I will be at MA ST Sat AM
olive branch inserted here.
JH
ps
the something could be Heineken, ,delivered periodically, it is closer to my family roots
pss
SOMEONE BRING PRETZELS[devil2]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom