Picked up some powder..scarey

Went to Rileys today. No Varget,H335, W748. I did buy 2lb's of BL-C2 and they had 1 can of 4198. 3031, 4895 also out. No Small rifle primers and only a handful of large rifle. No 4 or 8lb kegs of anything I needed.

Are those mostly rifle powders? I had no trouble getting a few pounds of power pistol and titegroup up there the other day... I also got a couple of loaves of Winchester large pistol, which had been getting hard to come by. Prices were still good on the stuff they did have, though.

-Mike

Mike, how much are they getting per thousand there for WLP primers when they have them in stock ? Thanks.[cheers]

I want to say they were $26/1K. That said, someone just posted another thread... and they may be completely wiped out at this point. I bet when they restock the price is gonna be higher, although for whatever reason I remember them being about $26 all of last year, too.

-Mike

They had Sm and Lg pistol, some large rifle and Handgun primers were ok. Large rifle powders also, slow burn stuff. Rifle bullets were real slim. Glad I'm a hoarder!!!!

Rusty, good to see you! JP

I want to say they were $26/1K. That said, someone just posted another thread... and they may be completely wiped out at this point. I bet when they restock the price is gonna be higher, although for whatever reason I remember them being about $26 all of last year, too.

-Mike
Thanks. I'll have to give them a call. $26 isn't all that bad.

BLC(2), made by Hodgdon, is a great powder for 5.56/223.

Natchez Supply had it in 8 pound containers last week. I bought a case of 8 pounders (four per case).... The yield for BLC(2) is approximately 310 rounds filled per pound, so the 32 pounds will last me a while.

BLC(2), made by Hodgdon, is a great powder for 5.56/223.

Natchez Supply had it in 8 pound containers last week. I bought a case of 8 pounders (four per case).... The yield for BLC(2) is approximately 310 rounds filled per pound, so the 32 pounds will last me a while.

Also great for .308, 44 grains for a 168 grain matchking.

Back
Top Bottom