Performance Center T/C LRR

Performed a search and didn't find a topic.

I'm looking for a LRR to take up precision shooting a bit more seriously this spring. To date I only have experience with rem700 (not mine) and ruger 10\22 rimfire. My range supports up to 200yrds but I have access to 600-1000 yrds a handful of times per year.

I've seem a number of videos providing some good feedback on the T/C LRR and my local shop carries them for about $1000, then with a decent scope hoping I can stay within a $1600 budget.

Still on the fence about. 308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor but it seems 6.5 price is almost comparable with better performance. May be a gateway to reloading as well :)

Wanted to get a sense of others' experiences with this rifle or whether there are other options I should consider that can be reasonably obtained in MA.

Let's have a .30-06/308/6.5CM debate!

(Yes - I know you didn't mention .30-06, but someone was bound to...)

Performed a search and didn't find a topic.

I'm looking for a LRR to take up precision shooting a bit more seriously this spring. To date I only have experience with rem700 (not mine) and ruger 10\22 rimfire. My range supports up to 200yrds but I have access to 600-1000 yrds a handful of times per year.

I've seem a number of videos providing some good feedback on the T/C LRR and my local shop carries them for about $1000, then with a decent scope hoping I can stay within a $1600 budget.

Still on the fence about. 308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor but it seems 6.5 price is almost comparable with better performance. May be a gateway to reloading as well :)

Wanted to get a sense of others' experiences with this rifle or whether there are other options I should consider that can be reasonably obtained in MA.
My advise if your planning to work up to 1000 yards is spend more money on the scope than the rifle.

i'd post on a forum where more than 3 people shoot over 100 yards regularly [rofl]

maybe the T/C forum? good luck

My two cents, start with an RPR in 6.5cm. Spend $1500 on good glass. Buy a precision reloader and reload to your rifle tolerances, this will improve your scores more than any upgrade to the rifle. If you like long range you can buy a better rifle like I did or upgrade your RPR. Upgrade in this order, 1) Timney 2 stage trigger 2) barrel 3) bolt

Enjoy!

My two cents, start with an RPR in 6.5cm. Spend $1500 on good glass. Buy a precision reloader and reload to your rifle tolerances, this will improve your scores more than any upgrade to the rifle. If you like long range you can buy a better rifle like I did or upgrade your RPR. Upgrade in this order, 1) Timney 2 stage trigger 2) barrel 3) bolt

Enjoy!

Thanks, who sells the RPR locally?

Last edited:
Thanks, who sells the RMR locally?

RPR? You can certainly get it cheaper online but plenty of local shops and big box stores carry them. Bass pro/ cabelas has the t/c LRR on sale now for $1099. I kinda like the t/c. They also have the vortex viper pst 6-24x50 for $499. I think that’s a decent setup before you drop a fortune.

RPR? You can certainly get it cheaper online but plenty of local shops and big box stores carry them. Bass pro/ cabelas has the t/c LRR on sale now for $1099. I kinda like the t/c. They also have the vortex viper pst 6-24x50 for $499. I think that’s a decent setup before you drop a fortune.

Awesome, I didn't consider bass pro but it seems they have some excellent selections/pricing. They have RPR but also Bergara 14 which I have read is comparable or better due to a superior barrel design however it is marketed as a slightly improved Remington 700 design...

HOWA 1500 in 6.5 Creedmore give consistent 1/2 to 1 MOA result
I think TC LRR not perform as good as should be expected from that level of rifles

Let me see.....
If you spend the money up front, you put a hole in a piece of paper every time
If you don't spend the money, you spend more money and your time trying over and over

Maybe more effective to fly to where they rent these a couple of times a year? I'd go to Jupiter FL!
Or, go in with 6 buds (with cash up front and permission slips) for range time a "couple" of times a year.

Even a lady with no experience can hit 5 for 5 at 1000yds

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0oGZ4TZr5k

Now, if you need to maximize your time away from a set of chompers like that...I can even understand reloading in the man shed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom