• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pelosi proposes change to the constitution?

chindogg

NES Member
" The duo is pushing legislation called the “Government by the People Act.” This deceivingly named bill would reverse a Supreme Court decision and amend the Constitution in order to limit campaign contributions. It would also put in place a new system in which tax payers subsidize elections. "

Read more: http://benswann.com/nancy-pelosi-fe...r-a-change-in-the-constitution/#ixzz2sVKRjfSv

Great now our taxes will pay for these s*** shows?

She uses too much of our air.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I like the idea of limiting PACs but not at the expense of the Constitution. Yet another poor choice by the delusional dems. Can we all just for for the third candidates the next few years?

I like the idea of limiting PACs but not at the expense of the Constitution. Yet another poor choice by the delusional dems. Can we all just for for the third candidates the next few years?

Agreed but beware of a wolf in sheep's clothing:

They continued, “We know that if the role of money in our elections were reduced and the level of civility in our politics increased, the result would be the election of more women, more minorities, more young people and more people dedicated to serving the public interest, not special interests.”

Tell me one of them out for MY INTERESTS!

I don't understand how Pelosi (or Feinstein for that matter) keeps getting elected...

When I lived in Boston years ago I was a member of a yacht club, when election time came up each year I was always there, I watched car after car of older members being shuffled in, wheel chairs oxygen and the whole bit, these are guys that haven't been to the club in years and didn't have a clue as to what was going on, they were there to vote for the one that gave them the dinner and the ride.

Tim

Great now our taxes will pay for these s*** shows?
Probably be better for us then the current system of politicians being essentially bought and owned by the donors and their interests instead of the voters and whats good for them. These politicians today should be wearing nascar suits so it's easy to identify who owns them.

The only change the constitution needs is term limits for all elected and appointed officials along with capping the the salary of the highest paid federal employees at 2 times the median US salary.

I nice try you bumbling Botox bimbo.

Now, now, be nice... Bimbo's are generally nice people... Unlike that walking douche bag... [rofl2]

The only change the constitution needs is term limits for all elected and appointed officials along with capping the the salary of the highest paid federal employees at 2 times the median US salary.

Max of 2 terms (for congress, 1 term for POTUS), and cap the salary at 1.5x the median salary in their state...

Probably be better for us then the current system of politicians being essentially bought and owned by the donors and their interests instead of the voters and whats good for them. These politicians today should be wearing nascar suits so it's easy to identify who owns them.

I hear you but do you think if the rules were changed BY THEM that the millions upon billion of lobbying, greasing etc. would go away? Heck no. Money sitting in fridges always finds it's way around. As history has taught us from the Romans to now "He who owns the gold makes the rules."

The candidates don't matter. Unless you change the voters, you can put the most eloquent, experienced candidate on the ballot who believes strongly in the Second Amendment and the principles of the Founding Fathers and they will get destroyed by the likes of Malarky and Linksy because the voting base in Massachusetts believes they need the government and the handouts/bribes and are afraid of a world where they have more freedom but have to work for it. Unfortunately, the scales have already tipped in Massachusetts and there's no going back without major disruption.

That'd be a great way to accelerate our nation's demise. Nothing like perpetual amateurs running the show. Tell me, how many successful businesses/organizations have Board members with no more than 8 years of experience? How many years had the Founding Fathers been working in government when they drafted the Constitution?

A solution that solves one perceived problem yet creates dozens more is not a solution.

That'd be a great way to accelerate our nation's demise. Nothing like perpetual amateurs running the show. Tell me, how many successful businesses/organizations have Board members with no more than 8 years of experience? How many years had the Founding Fathers been working in government when they drafted the Constitution?

A solution that solves one perceived problem yet creates dozens more is not a solution.

Term limits seem like a good idea but it's a 22. Like you've said, we do need people who have learned how to play the game. Now we just need a player from our team.

Back
Top Bottom