Paul Ryan IS Holding Back National Concealed Carry Bill

Ryan is a moderate Conservative Republican, he's a policy wonk. He believes in working within the system, which unfortunately has failed us hardliners. The system promotes compromise which doesn't work in our favor.

What is this "compromise" I keep hearing about. The DNC never gives up ANYTHING.
Republicans want to cut the growth of the budget 2% or 3% or whatever it is increase that is otherwise automatic by 50% so a total of 1%. So it's not a cut at all. Democrats want to spend 10% more than the 3% growth. The compromise is to only grow the budget and spending 6%. Good old American compromise. Either way spending goes up and we're screwed.
/Puke.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gee, I would love to see a couple of examples of legislation/positions he's actually supported that qualified in any way shape or form as conservative......
He's a policy wonk like I said. He's not a hardcore, right wing conservative. They are few and far between.

That was a joke right?

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Ryan could do a WHOLE LOT MORE to show us he supports 2A, Property Rights, States Rights, Immigration Concerns...and on and on. And even though getting a consensus in congress is like herding cats....that technically IS HIS JOB, so if he can not do it and get out the votes.....

Ryan is a moderate Conservative Republican, he's a policy wonk. He believes in working within the system, which unfortunately has failed us hardliners. The system promotes compromise which doesn't work in our favor.

Because "we will not negotiate with liberals" accomplishes 2 things.

1. Nothing

and

2. Assuring a "hard line wonk" like Cruz in TX re-election when he talks of "the other side also losing."

Liberals gained SO much ground in the last 40 years by using incrementalisation. They don't want to win WWII in 1 battle. They want to march across Europe and take over in time. Conservative hard-headed, er, hard liners never understand that. :(

Because "we will not negotiate with liberals" accomplishes 2 things.

1. Nothing

and

2. Assuring a "hard line wonk" like Cruz in TX re-election when he talks of "the other side also losing."

Liberals gained SO much ground in the last 40 years by using incrementalisation. They don't want to win WWII in 1 battle. They want to march across Europe and take over in time. Conservative hard-headed, er, hard liners never understand that. :(
True, but the Dems lost all their moderate libs during the Obama years so now their party members all toe the line, unlike Republicans. They couldn't even get Obamacare repealed when they have the Senate and House.

Not only that, he made it clear at this past NRA Convention. He needs to put up soon or I'll start losing faith in him. Wall included.

Not his fault. Everyone in Congress, Rs and Ds are obstructing. He still has 7 more years.

Not his fault. Everyone in Congress, Rs and Ds are obstructing. He still has 7 more years.
Obama passed ACA just 14 months after he took office. Trump should be pushing for the wall HARD. He should be making public statements about congress is blocking him from making progress. That way, those that voted for him will start putting REAL pressure on congress. It's a much higher priority than CC reciprocity right now.

Obama passed ACA just 14 months after he took office. Trump should be pushing for the wall HARD. He should be making public statements about congress is blocking him from making progress. That way, those that voted for him will start putting REAL pressure on congress. It's a much higher priority than CC reciprocity right now.

completely agree. However, Trump HAS been making GOP stonelwalling an issue and public. They just don't care.

It would but increasingly the only meaningful solution I see revolves around convention of states/article v convention

the fed gov isnt going to fix itself

until fundamental structural problems are resolved we're just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic

The are not quick learners , but they can be taught.
Nothing means more to them than retaining power.
The threat of losing it is a big motivator.
If someone like Ryan actually did get whacked in a primary , it would send some serious shockwaves through the rest of them.

They are like amoeba.....they only respond to extremely painful stimuli and dont learn......pain has to be perpetually applied which is why we need term limits

Take for example Boehner's former dick sucker fmr rep cantor.....Bratt primaried him out and it was a very short lived shock.

IMHO, Trump's only option if he really wants to do something that will have an actual legacy is going to require that he fully embrace Article V.....personally I am losing faith....especially when I see Trump doing "Dumb Shit" like endorsing Luthor Strange....McConnell's current puppet

I think article v would mean the end of the country. One side or the other would be so unhappy from the result that it would trigger seccession

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The federal government has made it clear that states aren't allowed to secede, no matter what the state's Constitution or the DoI say.

Governments fall. Just as the constitution is meaningless now, someday too the federal government will no longer have the power to enforce its will. Put another way, suppose the north decided to secede from the south, could the federal government have kept it? I think not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom