Patriot arms in ipswich

A new gun store is on the horizon. On old rt 1 in ipswich in the plaza across from the driving range. Not sure when they will have their doors open, but i for one can hardly wait! Both guys are extremely knowledgeable and are fun to talk to. I was told there will be gunsmithing on site and firearms classes too

I think the OP means the driving range just north of Wolf Hill Nursery. There is/was a patio furniture store in there, next to the Tri-City Sales.

I must've missed this thread. Coming home from work just now and saw this sign, I banged a left into their parking lot doing 50 mph and almost drove into the Tri-City Sales building [shocked] . Saturday afternoon is the only time I commute from work in daylight [sad2], so this sign could've been here a while. I peeked through the smoked glass doors and they had some gondolas & store fixtures up and some shotgun shells on a shelf.

This could be a problem for me. When I need a gun fix I have to go 12 miles north to Bob's, 12 south to North Shore or way south to FS & Collectors. The distance helps me keep my addiction in check but this place is 1-1/2 miles south of my job. I'll pass it twice a day when they're closed but, I go to the Agawam Diner between shifts and that's way too close. I'll keep my eyes peeled and report once they've opened.

Attachments

• Patriot Arms.jpg
    Patriot Arms.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 111
I noticed that they plan to be open on Monday; closed Sunday and Tuesday.
Between North Shore and Patriot Arms, I can get ammo 7 days a week!

The door was open so I stopped in and spoke to Jack today.

The showroom is a pretty good size, maybe 30' x 30', with cases on 3 sides and rifle racks behind each case. There are some shelves in the center for ammo and some displays on the front wall. The only stock in the room is a small pile of ammo, a few steel ammo boxes and some pre-ban PTR91 magazines.

The current delay on opening is the state FFL. For several reasons, the Ipswich PD has been slow processing the application. The paperwork is now done and the FFL is expected in another 10 days, so Jack hopes to be open by the end of the month.

Jack plans to start with a small number each of a wide selection of firearms and see what sells in the area. He will not initially be stocking shotguns other than HD/tactical.

He plans to have his staff qualify as armorers for the major firearm brands.

For those that don't know, but should know, this is special forces Jack that used to be employed by North Shore Firearms. Despite not being in the military myself and having no affiliation, the war stories he told in the store were interesting and questionable at best from when he served. There are many that can verify this info and rather than stir the pot more, I'll reserve any further comments after I see the store.

The showroom is a pretty good size, maybe 30' x 30', with cases on 3 sides and rifle racks behind each case. There are some shelves in the center for ammo and some displays on the front wall. The only stock in the room is a small pile of ammo, a few steel ammo boxes and some pre-ban PTR91 magazines.

The current delay on opening is the state FFL. For several reasons, the Ipswich PD has been slow processing the application. The paperwork is now done and the FFL is expected in another 10 days, so Jack hopes to be open by the end of the month.

Jack plans to start with a small number each of a wide selection of firearms and see what sells in the area. He will not initially be stocking shotguns other than HD/tactical.

He plans to have his staff qualify as armorers for the major firearm brands.
Many thanks for the updates rlee, we'll keep checking back.​

I had to go to work just for a minute today and when I drove by I saw someone parked out front. I met one of the owners, Jack, very pleasant guy. We talked for a while and he says that they now have their FFL and are just waiting on the town. Jack said it shouldn't be long now. I gave him my cell so he could call me when they're open for business.

Last edited:
The new gun shop in Ipswich is 'Patriot Arms of New England', their website is http://www.patriotarmsofne.com - they'll be opening any day now. Watch the website for details (lets hope the're open in time for the tax free shopping weekend!).

You build the site max? Looks good so far, they plan on putting a large selection of guns they sell on there?

Yeah - I'm doing the site :). What's up there now is just a temporary page. They're going to list all their used guns, along with photos (small and large). They're also going to have all the standard MA compliant new guns, but won't bother listing them, because everyone's pretty much got the same new-gun inventory.

And they're planning on offering the Utah license class - I can't wait for that one. I signed up for it in Framingham and then backed out because of the distance.

On my way home in the pitch rainy blackness of 10:00 PM I thought that the "Coming Soon" sign looked different. I did a three point turn in the middle of Route 1, I couldn't wait to turn around in the Cumbies parking lot. My old eye's did not deceive me. The sign says " Now Open". Of course they're closed on Tuesday and only open till 5:00 on Wednesday, but open until 8:00 on Thursday. I should be there by 6:00 for an extended lunch. Barry, if you're still stalking my posts here on NES, I'll see you there.

I had two customers ask me today what I knew about Patriot Arms, the excitement is building [smile] .

Last edited:
Stopped in this morning after passing it the first time. Small shop but a decent selection, prices on par with other shops of course. Got to handle the BG .380, could have bought it today but theyre still waiting on the paperwork from the state, supposed to be in next week. Should have bought it, probably go back next week when I have time.

Stopped by a little after 6:00, left at 8:00. I had met Jack a few weeks back, but the other owner Richard, was also there tonight. Not a ton of guns yet, but enough to keep me occupied for a few hours. http://www.patriotarmsofne.com/used_guns.html
Had some good ammo price's. I showed Richard this thread on his computer. He couldn't believe the view count. I think he may go green with a dealers membership [hmmm] .
They're good guys, I'll be stopping in again. I made sure I didn't go to the bank on the way to Patriot Arms. I was going to go on the way back, but they closed @ 8:00. It didn't stop me from putting a deposit on an older Ruger 10/22 with a pre-ban folding stock. I almost bought one @ FS last year and I kicked myself for letting it get away. Not this one.

I swung by after work last Thursday (9/1). Like others have said small selection of new and used, but they are good people. Fair prices on ammo from what I saw.
I hope to see more inventory in the future as it is a convenient 10 minute drive from my house :)

They are open late on Thursdays and I stopped in on the way home.
Looks like they are off to a good start with a little bit of everything to choose from in handguns.
Had some preban AR and AK mags at ok prices for a shop in mass.
Bunch of ammo and powder.

stopped in today. Nice guy. Shop is still short on inventory but give they have only been open for a month they still had some nice choices of new and used.

I did a job that took me past their front door today, I couldn't resist checking it out for a few minutes on the way back.
Nice friendly staff, smallish but decent selection of new and used guns. Fair, competitive prices on most items, and a few downright bargains too.
I checked out the SIG 238's and one of the new Scandium S&W compact 1911's.
I also handled a Henry Yellowboy, wow is that a slick and smooth action!
I'm not much of an EBR guy, but there were some Stags and S&W's on the rack too.
The ammo selection wasn't stellar, but I was surprised to see some factory .357 Maximum, which hasn't been available for over a decade.

I'm hopefully going there today!

EDIT: Great place! Nice people, nice guns. Had a couple Yugo SKS's that I wish I could have afforded, they had lots of different types of ammo, and a good selection of shotguns and pistols.

If you want something, they'll order it for ya too.

great place, definitely gonna go back.

Btw- they are the first shop I've been to that will sell 10/22's to FID holders.

Last edited:
They do have excellent prices on 5.56 ammo and gunpowder. I like to pop in once a week to fill up on supplies and visit that "soon-to-be-mine" Windham AR-15......

Back
Top Bottom