Pat Mac, you wut?

I really liked the video until he sold us down the river.

I bring a lot of newbies to the range. With very few exceptions everyone of them walks away feeling empowered. They enjoyed the experience. They discovered it's not the wild west, that us gun owners are very careful with a high emphasis on safety. Education by experience.

Pat just screwed us over for a good sound bite...

I have an idea, how about we get rid of all gun laws except the 2A; then you get your UBC. We have compromised (and by that I mean just given stuff away) since 1934 with the promise that this would fix it. Let's start over.

Of course, this isn't about sane, responsible gun laws and owners - it's one more law that we have to follow and the gangbangers don't.

Federal license, one time issue, cross checked for validity at purchase - no weapons ID or serial numbers submitted. Again, not what they are after - the only solution they want is no more 2A.

Last edited:
Pat just screwed us over for a good sound bite...

did you listen to the interview he did on p&s or just the autistic screeching on arfcom afterwards? I think he cleared himself of any wrongdoing in the long run.

Sh!t, I am prepared to be disappointed but I hope that there was some "katie-couric" type editing there.

did you listen to the interview he did on p&s or just the autistic screeching on arfcom afterwards? I think he cleared himself of any wrongdoing in the long run.

With a big BUT, who besides us concerned gun owners are going to take the time to find and watch that other video? It almost seems if you have to, HAVE to, give an interview you should video the whole exchange yourself. That still may not stop artistic edits.

I have an idea, how about we get rid of all gun laws except the 2A; then you get your UBC. We have compromised (and by that I mean just given stuff away) since 1934 with the promise that this would fix it. Let's start over.

Of course, this isn't about sane, responsible gun laws and owners - it's one more law that we have to follow and the gangbangers don't.

Federal license, one time issue, cross checked for validity at purchase - no weapons ID or serial numbers submitted. Again, not what they are after - the only solution they want is no more 2A.

There is one reason and one reason only for UBC and that's a federal registry.
Once that's done you don't need to guess what's next.
The same with a federal license.
Can you imagine what would have happened if Hitlery had won and had the name and address of every gun owner in the country available to her ?

There is one reason and one reason only for UBC and that's a federal registry.
Once that's done you don't need to guess what's next.
The same with a federal license.
Can you imagine what would have happened if Hitlery had won and had the name and address of every gun owner in the country available to her ?

Completely agree, they are not honest about what they want - if they were they would never get out of committee.

I read his instagram post. This is pretty crystal clear how he feels. I don't need someone else to tell him how to think, I just read the man's answer to the post above his.
IMG-0224-224649-226308-228645.JPG

He makes a good point, just think about how many gangbanger's lives could be saved with a 3 day waiting period. But, maybe a year would be even better - I will hit pat up on iG and see if that's how he reads "shall not be infringed"

I read his instagram post. This is pretty crystal clear how he feels. I don't need someone else to tell him how to think, I just read the man's answer to the post above his.
IMG-0224-224649-226308-228645.JPG

They hit that in the interview too. He essentially said he was reacting emotionally after all the trolls started going at him on instagram. It is what it is. I definitely am not going to not train with the guy because he supports a 3 day wait. He's a solid instructor, i learned alot from him in the classes i took, at the end of it all thats what im paying for, not to agree with him on every subject.

Hes since stated on the record he supports neither UBCs or waiting periods, thats good enough for me.

Exactly my point... Thank you

Its not my job to defend him, having trained with mac and learned alot from him i was pretty pissed about the whole thing. I think going on the show in the first place was dumb, but if he didnt they woulda got somebody else, so he tackled it. You know im a no compromise type, im done giving ground. Im fairly certain thats how mac feels based off shit he said during the courses i took with him.

What i really want to see is the full unedited cc interview clip.

The other dangerous thing, and I see it here even on this very forum- is that people give the antis waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit. I realize he's very experienced, etc, but may not have thought about things like this enough- and made a statement based on false information- this nostrum that there's some kind of a sizeable middle ground that supports UBCs and other BS... is frequently over represented by antis as though it is some kind of universal truth, when in reality it is one of the biggest lies going. It's permeated the media so much that even conservatives and some otherwise pro gun people believe it- as if there's some critical mass of people that believe in all that bullshit- it's a phantasm constructed by antis; one of their recurring bits is doing the strutting peacock bullshit" job, to make them appear as though their viewpoints and values are widely respected, etc. It's mostly a myth, a gargantuan big lie that keeps getting periodically inflated. The reality is there's a shitload of people in the public that don't know or don't really care, or haven't thought about "gun control"' very much, if at all. Worse thing for any pro gunners is to believe in this crap, but time and time again I see people sucking for it like its real. Think about it critically- if it was real, most guns would have been banned in the 90s when they had some sort of inertia. Now they basically have nothing.

My theory is that, perhaps subconsciously, he said that crap because he thought it was going to somehow broaden the appeal of his message. It's easy to get sucked into things like that if you're not thinking about it. Particularly with media types surrounding you and basically tricking you into saying stupid things; those people are adept at manipulating others, AKA- they can steal the radio while you're still listening to it- and by the time you know they stole the radio, it's already too late.

-Mike

Criminals don't do back ground checks so anyone that believes UBC will lower crime is not thinking or is someone that wants registration because as I and others have said before that the only purpose of UBC is registration.

The other dangerous thing, and I see it here even on this very forum- is that people give the antis waaaaaaaaaaay too much credit. I realize he's very experienced, etc, but may not have thought about things like this enough- and made a statement based on false information- this nostrum that there's some kind of a sizeable middle ground that supports UBCs and other BS... is frequently over represented by antis as though it is some kind of universal truth, when in reality it is one of the biggest lies going. It's permeated the media so much that even conservatives and some otherwise pro gun people believe it- as if there's some critical mass of people that believe in all that bullshit- it's a phantasm constructed by antis; one of their recurring bits is doing the strutting peacock bullshit" job, to make them appear as though their viewpoints and values are widely respected, etc. It's mostly a myth, a gargantuan big lie that keeps getting periodically inflated. The reality is there's a shitload of people in the public that don't know or don't really care, or haven't thought about "gun control"' very much, if at all. Worse thing for any pro gunners is to believe in this crap, but time and time again I see people sucking for it like its real. Think about it critically- if it was real, most guns would have been banned in the 90s when they had some sort of inertia. Now they basically have nothing.

My theory is that, perhaps subconsciously, he said that crap because he thought it was going to somehow broaden the appeal of his message. It's easy to get sucked into things like that if you're not thinking about it. Particularly with media types surrounding you and basically tricking you into saying stupid things; those people are adept at manipulating others, AKA- they can steal the radio while you're still listening to it- and by the time you know they stole the radio, it's already too late.

-Mike

Yep. Its frustrating because if anybody should have experience with disinformation and counterintelligence id think mac would. He either slipped up, got edited, or has been a giant douche all along.

Criminals don't do back ground checks so anyone that believes UBC will lower crime is not thinking or is someone that wants registration because as I and others have said before that the only purpose of UBC is registration.

Well, there's a secondary purpose to it, and that is to deter gun ownership- EG: "Oops, grandpa can't gift his grandson his first gun easily because UBC bullshit says that a gift must undergo a UBC. " UBC necessitates that there are no exemptions under any circumstance for a transfer. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but puts that extra little barrier of resistance in there- any little thing to degrade positive aspects of gun ownership. Basically they want to make gun owners feel like the way pit bull owners do in big dump cities, that overregulate their dogs. Same thing- demonize the object by applying more arcane laws, etc, to turn a basic firearm into something it isn't.

-Mike

Yes that is one of the purposes of any gun control but they really want universal registration because they want a list of all that we have for when they deem confiscation is necessary for "public safety" and especially "for the children." They keep leaving out that criminals won't abide by any of this so they'll still have guns and violence will still continue and most likely get worse since they'll have much less to worry about. As I've said before gun control is OSHA for criminals.

Well, there's a secondary purpose to it, and that is to deter gun ownership- EG: "Oops, grandpa can't gift his grandson his first gun easily because UBC bullshit says that a gift must undergo a UBC. " UBC necessitates that there are no exemptions under any circumstance for a transfer. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but puts that extra little barrier of resistance in there- any little thing to degrade positive aspects of gun ownership. Basically they want to make gun owners feel like the way pit bull owners do in big dump cities, that overregulate their dogs. Same thing- demonize the object by applying more arcane laws, etc, to turn a basic firearm into something it isn't.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom