• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop.

Damn. Good work passerby takes guts to get involved like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm probably an awful person, but I laughed hard when I read the following:

[FONT=&quot]"[He] refused to get off the officer and the officer kept yelling, 'shoot him, shoot him, shoot him,' Holditch said. [/FONT]

"Well, your honor, I just shot the guy because the cop kept telling me to do it!"

This is a great reason to carry pepper spray along with your EDC.
I applaud him for doing what he did, but if this was in Cambridge, or Brookline?
If I was confronted with this same scenario I'd be torn how to engage(I would engage and help the LEO, but how?) We know how Healy
views anyone who has the audacity to defend themselves or step in and actually help one of the evil "pigs".
Would the local media be applauding him or getting ready to prosecute him for robbing a poor misguided oppressed victim of his life?
It really is sad

71e402f30c2b741ecd69ba3ae4baf90bb45b7443c52422de88cf02f4802a5a19.jpg

When the suspect didn't stop his attack, the third man shot him three times. The deputy was not hit. The suspect later died.

If this was the classic standard two the chest one to the head, I think he should be OK. If he was more "gangsta" & went with the triple tap to the head, may be some issues. Hard to call it without more info.[thinking]

If this was the classic standard two the chest one to the head, I think he should be OK

If he Mozambique'd the guy, I'd be curious to see what happens to him. I can see him getting cleared for three rounds center mass; I think it gets a little muddy if it was two to chest-one to head.

Good outcome. Glad this was in FL and not in MA. If the facts of the story are correct, no way this citizen will be prosecuted in FL.

I will say this, if I happened upon this type of thing in MA, I would absolutely just move along. Simply put, the likelihood of ending up in jail for taking action in MA is too great. Not sure what I would've done in his shoes in FL, but I know for sure here.

I can see it now....

MA LEO: Thanks for saving my life, I really appreciate it.
MA Good Guy: No worries, I was happy to save your life.
MA LEO: Great, now that we've gotten the pleasantries out of the way, GET ON THE GROUND! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!!!
MA Good Guy: What The Flock?!
MA LEO: STOP RESISTING! Buzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!
MA Good Guy: (Uggggh.... I think he just tazzed me bro.... should have just minded my own business [rolleyes] [banghead])

Its pure crap, and I hate that its entirely due to where I reside, but the first thing I thought when I read about this on TTAG was: be glad it wasn't in MA. [rolleyes]

This is a great reason to carry pepper spray along with your EDC.
I applaud him for doing what he did, but if this was in Cambridge, or Brookline?
If I was confronted with this same scenario I'd be torn how to engage(I would engage and help the LEO, but how?) We know how Healy
views anyone who has the audacity to defend themselves or step in and actually help one of the evil "pigs".
Would the local media be applauding him or getting ready to prosecute him for robbing a poor misguided oppressed victim of his life?
It really is sad
Pepper spray? You mean condiment dispenser. 12Gauge bean bag to the tummy nobody dies everyone poops themselves and you can say in court. I chose the non-lethal route because I believe in the sanctity of life and want this young fella to be rehabilitated the deputy can take his disability for hearing loss and retire. Its a win win win win situation. Oh and a hug from Maura nestled.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Even more lucky for the Deputy. Had it happened in Ma. more than likely all that would have happened is someone calling 911, then the standard tactic of peeing themselves and blowing their rape whistle while in the fetal position. See something say something, Boston Strong.
You wouldn't hit the guy with a baseball bat? Tire iron? Rock? Stick? Umbrella?

Or if it was Cambridge, 10 speed bike? [laugh]

Last edited:
Here is something I find interesting. For all the mocking that takes place here (rightfully) of others who are ignorant of firearms when they say things like "he should have just shot him in the leg" , there are still posts like this:

I can see him getting cleared for three rounds center mass; I think it gets a little muddy if it was two to chest-one to head.

You wouldn't hit the guy with a baseball bat? Tire iron? Rock? Stick? Umbrella?

Or if it was Cambridge, 10 speed bike? [laugh]

Yup. Hypothetically speaking as I don't expect to ever be in this situation I would have dragged the perp off the LEO and let the LEO do the shooting. 6' 2" and 260 lbs. so could probably get that done.

I'm sorry. I really don't want to live somewhere in which I would g to jail for doing the right thing by helping anyone, including a LEO. Sad really.

Back
Top Bottom