• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Para hawg 9mm or G26

Need some feedback I need to make a decision between a Hawg 9mm and a Glock 26, need info from people who has one of this guns Please help me, thanks in advance.

I'm impartial to 1911's and not a huge fan of Glocks. That being said the Glock 26 will ALWAYS go bang. It is smaller than the Warthog and quite a bit lighter. The Warthog is a good gun but it is rather wide which makes it difficult to conceal. I personally hate the grip angle of the Glock. Have you looked at an M&P 9mm compact? I have one of these and I prefer it over both the above mentioned guns. The same grip angle as the 1911, interchangeable grip straps and a great gun. Lightweight, easy to conceal, and quite accurate.

What is the primary function of this gun?

I've always prefered the 1911 styling, but after shooting a Hawg and reading some reviews, I got a G26 instead. Something about the trigger pull in the Hawg that I didn't like.

Hold off for the Carry 9. Supposedly, they have issued it to the state for certification. The Carry .45 is already available so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't certify the 9mm. They are identical guns.

I don't like the way the smaller Glocks feel in my hands. I ended up getting an M&P 9c for carry (I held the hawg 9 before picking up the M&P), and then a Para CCW. The Hawg 9 seemed very fat, and tough to conceal. If you want to consider a .45 ACP gun, then I honestly think the CCW is the way to go. Don't knock the LDA trigger.

Jr

The primary purpose is self- defense, I have other handguns, 40 S&W, 38 spl, 45 acp, .380, 357 sig. I love the glocks, but the hawg 9mm attracts me because my first gun was a colt 45 series 80 which I had since 1991 and is my favorite. Once a 1911 fan always a 1911 fan.

Last edited:
It's not on the October EOPS list... I was thinking of getting one but am considering a Covert Black Carry .45 instead.

I was looking on the Para website and the weight for the Carry 9 is only 24 oz but for the .45 it is 30 oz. That's a lot of extra weight. I was looking at the .45 today and didn't pull it out of the case at the shop because I prob. would have purchased it.

+1 for the G26. I've owned two and never had a malfunction. On the other hand I had a Para Carry LDA .45 and had over a dozen malfunctions in the first 100 rounds. After 300 I was still having problems. I sold that bad boy and bought a refurbed G21 and never looked back.

Count my vote for the G26. I have two and they seem to work very well for me. I've never had any experience with the HAWG 9, but I have sold every other Para I have bought - they didn't seem to work well for me.

Frosty, when we finally get to a shoot together, I'll let you throw some lead downrange from my Para P12 - it's an utterly reliable gun, and I feel confident enough in it to carry it.

I have the ParaCarry 6.45 LDA and second any opinions on you waiting for the 9mm version. The comparison of an LDA trigger to a Glock trigger is unfair, (to the glock)...Absolutely a stunning carry gun....Trigger is sublime. If you come to the next NES Members Shoot,(hint hint - JOIN), I'll let you have as much range time with my .45ACP as you bring rounds for... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom