• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

paper LTC

the other day i came across a guy with a paper ltc, but it expires in 2011.... does this make sense?

7/15/04 the card ltc's were supposed to be issued, well 90 after soo...10/15/04 it was in effect.
so wouldnt the lisence (valid 6 years) expire in 2010?

was there a delay in this process at this time ? or maybe could his application have taken a few months and he got it late?

or am i just confusing myself ?! hahaha[rolleyes]

Depends on where he's from. We still have the old style licenses here. The smaller towns don't have the dough to dish out for the new ones.[grin]

Seems like two "issues"

1st (non)issue is paper licence issued after cards were approved -- as mentioned above, it seems that not all town have switched over "on time".

2nd issue could be more interresting. My "paper" LTC, in "grace period" now, was issued 4 years ago be fore changes to the law. On it appears the "issue date" and the expiry date. If the guy's ltc that you saw shows a 7 year difference, one would have to wonder what his actual status would be during that 7th year.

How much does the new system cost?

From what the Local officer told us over $2K for the software alone. we have a part time police force here, and a limited budget. the Criminal history systems board (or whatever its early) may be supplying the town with the computer and software.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a new paper one, small town...
fine with me, I'm still not in the digital system and don't have to submit a print at point of purchase like the new licence holders do.

Back
Top Bottom