Palmetto State Armory FAIL

Brutal.

I attempted to use them for the recent AR-15 LPK group buy attempt and was pretty disappointed in what I found.

First, even though I wanted to order over 100 kits, roughly 99 more kits than the typical order, the would not offer a discount of any sort.

Website inquiry email went unanswered for almost a week.
Called to find out prices/availability. Found the young lady on the phone completely useless. Unable to even tell me stock status of LPKs. She couldn't tell me if they had 2 or 100 kits available, "we only see the same website you see...". The website I see will only allows me to order 5 at a time and makes me call in to order more.

With an ASSUMED availability of 100-150 LPKs, even though she could not tell me if they would actually be available, I asked her what the shipping cost would be for an order of this size so that I could at least get an idea of final cost. SHE WAS UNABLE TO TELL ME! "... I dunno... it goes off weight. I'm just not sure, $20?? I guess..." Useless.

I Asked to speak to a manager. The phone went on hold for 15 minutes before she came back and said no one was available to talk to me.

"You can call back later if you want...." Long pause inserted here to give her customer service skills a chance to kick in... It didn't work.

So I called back a few days later.
Got the same girl I think. Went through the same run around and didn't get to talk to a manager. So I asked the obvious question, how do you handle a large order such as this? Surely you want to sell more than 1 or 2 items at a time if you can? The response was amazing:

"...You should contact our dealer sales guy, he deals with all big orders for like, dealers and stuff..."

Can you transfer me to him so I can talk to him?

"....He doesn't have a phone, but you can email him if you want to..." Here she was useful enough to at least provide me with an email address. ---email went unanswered for 2 days...

About this time, the group buy became apparent that it was not worth the $$ to order a bunch of kits. There is just not enough discount to make people settle on a kit they would rather be in a different configuration.

So I ordered a lower stock build kit that included an LPK because it went on sale.

The next day, LPKs went on sale as well. I called to add one to my order before it shipped. Same girl...

"...once you make an order we can't change it in anyway. You'll have to cancel the order (and pay the restocking fee), and then reorder the correct items. If you wait too long you will have to ship it back to us because we can't stop it once you click buy so hurry! If I were you I would just order the thing you want to add and have them both shipped as different orders..."

If I do make a second order, can you waive or adjust the shipping charges so I don't pay twice?

"... no..." Customer service pause inserted here again. And customer service opportunity missed yet again by this young representative

I asked to talk to a 'manager' again. After about 20 minutes on hold a man picked up the phone. By the noise in the back ground, and the seemingly detached awareness of the situation and demeanor, I got the strong impression that she just got a technician from the warehouse or shop so that I would feel like I talked to 'manager' and stop bothering her. He did tell me the same thing, that the order is locked in forever and cannot be canceled or altered once you click buy...

So I told him the deal, manager or janitor, I didn't care. I stayed calm and polite throughout (I had not gotten the stuff I want from them yet...) It went something like this:

I am trying to give you more money. I want to add something to my order and you are making it nearly impossible to do. In fact you are telling me I have to pay a fee just for the privilege of giving you additional business. Thank you but no, it doesn't work like that. More importantly, I have been clawing my way to giving you a large order, $4-5 thousand dollars worth of business. I understand that this is probably small fries to a big company with large contracts and such, but its an order none the less. But I have found out your phone customer service is absurd, and your website is incapable of handling such an order. When your representative finally got around to telling me about the dealer representative, she informed me that he doesn't have his own phone! How do you expect to interface with distribution and dealers and make large sales if a customer can't even talk to the dealer salesman. I don't care, but maybe you should. I am taking our business elsewhere for this large order. You have made it far too painful to complete a transaction at this point. First, you offered me NO incentive to order 100 kits, no discount. That makes the point that you have no interest in making a bigger sale or rewarding the customer for spending more money and as a result, another manufacturer is getting our $5000. Personally, once I receive my order from PSA I also will be ceasing to do business with a company that keeps an inept customer service philosophy. I will author an opinion piece to explain this ridiculous situation to my friends on Northeastshooters.com and tell them to watch out when dealing with PSA

Good luck.

I'm not sure PSA can make this right for me at this point. Unnnnlllesss that girl that models there guns on the FB page delivers a rifle and apology personally....

Don't use company's like this even if you move out of this crappy state. They are in it only for the money and not our 2nd Amendment rights, which is evident by the ones that signed an agreement with this states Nazi, incompetent, retarded politicians, even though they know it's not against the law to ship ammo here.

Charles.

You did say Palmetto state right?

"Some people in this world don't have lower parts kits, and like some one, and such as, peoples in Iran and Africa, we can help find lowers parts kits, with shipping and such as, kinda and like...."

"Thank you Miss Palmetto State Armory..."

B

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they are a real pain to deal with. I went through similar BS a couple of months ago.
They won't get my business again.

Abhahha I forgot all about this "such as the dumbass" in this "the video". Nice it was definitely her...

You did say Palmetto state right?

"Some people in this world don't have lower parts kits, and like some one, and such as, peoples in Iran and Africa, we can help find lowers parts kits, with shipping and such as, kinda and like...."

"Thank you Miss Palmetto State Armory..."

B

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom