• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Dealers who ask to see LTC before showing customer a Firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol my point is lots of liquor stores don't have a lot of consistent policies on carding. I have one customer with a liquor store that cards everyone. Also he HAS NO SIGN saying
this. (except on the inside of the register booth to remind the clerk) Nobody seems to have a problem with it. [rofl] Shocker.

I have been in other stores where the decision to card you is very arbitrary.

But lots of liquor stores "pick and choose" all the time. Using policies with arbitrary criteria. [rofl]

WHAT FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE at that point? [rofl]

So you feel better if there is a policy, even if the policy is simply to have arbitrary criteria. So it makes you feel better if they put up a sign that says "STORE POLICY IS TO ASK FOR LTC OR FID UPON HANDLING ANY FIREARMS< AT THE CLERKS DISCRETION" ? [rofl]

Seriously?

No its not really, because I'm sure some guy has already told him that 58,000 times since the store opened. Even when I mentioned it in passing I could see the
slightly pained look on his face. The look that said "well at least he did it and didnt lecture me about it for 5 minutes like the last guy that mentioned it" Let's not pretend like we're the first guys that ever told them about it. "They Know" and they likely knew from the end of the first week they were open in Berlin. The boilerplate response was always "corporate policy blah blah blah".

"HE KNOWS". [rofl]

(nsfw)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAxPM0fsRjA

Why wouldn't I? No clerk is going to impose that shit on his own. THE REGISTER TELLS HIM TO DO IT. It literally pops hot to ask for an LTC/FID.

Walmart registers in mass do this too, btw.... for some items.

Yeah but you used them as an example to virtue signal the lack of carding or whatever, when they're f***ing gun owners up the ass on the back end of the house. That's my point.

So you, the ONE PERSON will read the sign? [rofl]

Dude nobody cares. Maybe you. That's about it. It's not actually important.

Would you buy from a place that has a posted sign that they card for LTC?

If they had what i wanted at the price I thought was agreeable? Sure. They're going to see it anyways when I'm buying the gun regardless.

This. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're going to let yourself lose out on a reasonably priced firearm you want, just because the business owner wants to see something he's going to see anyway? It's like winning a million dollars, then refusing to accept it because they're paying you in fifties instead of hundos.

Can I ask an honest question, @Central Mass ... Yes or no (and please, no weaseling about "posted policies" or whatever; you're already on record with all that): Does an individual business owner have the right to run his business as he sees fit? Yes or no?

This. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You're going to let yourself lose out on a reasonably priced firearm you want, just because the business owner wants to see something he's going to see anyway? It's like winning a million dollars, then refusing to accept it because they're paying you in fifties instead of hundos.

Can I ask an honest question, @Central Mass ... Yes or no (and please, no weaseling about "posted policies" or whatever; you're already on record with all that): Does an individual business owner have the right to run his business as he sees fit? Yes or no?
Yes

I agree.

So maybe, possibly, by asking one customer for a card and not another... they're simply running their business as they see fit.

If you support their right to do so, then why are you complaining about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom