Gun Dealers who ask to see LTC before showing customer a Firearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shill here. Not market research and no shop owner or wannabe. I believe my question was clear

(“How does the gun owner community feel about gun-shops/dealers/big box stores who require customers to show proof of LTC before showing the customer a firearm?)

and with the only intent to find out how the field feels about the issue. The many responses showed that the he issue is as debatable as should I carry with one in the chamber or not?

No hidden agenda here, You May Go in Peace Now…

As for getting carded…. In the time that I’ve had my LTC, some 10 years or so now, and visited and shopped at numerous shops in Mass I’ve been carded once…No biggie, it was shop policy.

Last edited:
Here’s one perspective. If it is a shop’s policy to ask for an LTC, perhaps they should post it and ask everyone regardless of whom they are, new to store or longtime customer. That way they would remain true to their policy and all customers.

Picking and choosing whom you ask for an LTC is a poor way of doing business and may scare a potential lifetime buyer and the referrals that usually come with that type of relationship.

I believe everyone here would feel at odds if a customer before you wasn’t asked for the LTC, and you were. Especially, if you believe the person before you is a regular and it turns out that the person is not, yet wasn’t asked, but you were.

It would certainly make me want to ask why and that usually never ends well.

I visited the Gun Parlor last night just to see what they had. By the way it was like a candy store, sweets of all kinds (Not an ad or sales pitch for them just a fact, after visiting Cabela’s the other day and seeing 3 sorry ass looking firearms it was refreshing to walk into a gun shop and actually find guns). Anyway, the guys there were welcoming from the second I walked in, with a greeting and what can I show you? all while transacting a sale with a person at the counter. Three different staff members approached me and all said the same thing, “let me know what you’d like to see”.

That’s how you take care of customers. Not by asking to show them the plastic, which in reality, at the end of the day only means that a person took a class and has a clean record, and not the person intentions at the moment.

If the shop’s practice is to only ask new faces maybe they should consider the fact that nothing guarantees that a regular customer is still in good standing with the law and did not have his/her LTC taken away days before, and may now be in your shop with I’ll intentions.

If you don’t ask: On the other hand if it is the shop’s policy not to ask, then don’t ask anyone, unless to process a sale.

In summary:
If it’s policy, post it, and ask everyone, every time. That way everyone understands the protocol you as a business owner have chosen to implement.

If it’s is not your policy, then be fair and don’t ask anyone, unless to process a sale.

Again, one perspective of many, I’m sure.
Lol, whole thing is fake news, fake problem. Most decent shops will tell people how to get an LTC and/or refer them to a trainer, etc. Most shops will still let you look at shit even without an LTC if you send even the slightest signal that you're aware of the requirement. Hell i had several guns on layaway at a shop in mass 30+ days before my license came. The only people that get really rebuffed/turned away are the the most obstinate ones.

That would have been Gartman Arms before they changed ownership. I don't believe the new owners ask.
The one time I went to Gartman's, I went in the front door and it locked behind me while the door to the shop was also locked. Granted I had a sniper rifle with sniper legs folded up. The owner asked what I wanted then let me in. Shot the shit for a bit and went ony way. Interesting feller.

The one time I went to Gartman's, I went in the front door and it locked behind me while the door to the shop was also locked. Granted I had a sniper rifle with sniper legs folded up. The owner asked what I wanted then let me in. Shot the shit for a bit and went ony way. Interesting feller.

The old Gartman's was quite a place. I wouldn't call it a "welcoming environment," lol.

Lol, whole thing is fake news, fake problem. Most decent shops will tell people how to get an LTC and/or refer them to a trainer, etc. Most shops will still let you look at shit even without an LTC if you send even the slightest signal that you're aware of the requirement. Hell i had several guns on layaway at a shop in mass 30+ days before my license came. The only people that get really rebuffed/turned away are the the most obstinate ones.
“Most decent shops”
How long ago was that, was it this century that you were able to layaway without an LTC in Mass?

You say “fake news, fake problem” but then you follow up with most decent shops” (yet not all) as if there is a problem with it in the not most decent shops arena, so it can’t be fake news fake problem as you first stated.

And “most shops will still let you look at shit without an LTC” again the word “most” indicating not all… So it’s not fake news, fake problem.

The old Gartman's was quite a place. I wouldn't call it a "welcoming environment," lol.
I’ve heard similar stories of an old shop in Shrewsbury Mass. People wondered how they stayed in business if all they did was scare customers away.

“Most decent shops”
How long ago was that, was it this century that you were able to layaway without an LTC in Mass?

You say “fake news, fake problem” but then you follow up with most decent shops” (yet not all) as if there is a problem with it in the not most decent shops arena, so it can’t be fake news fake problem as you first stated.

And “most shops will still let you look at shit without an LTC” again the word “most” indicating not all… So it’s not fake news, fake problem.

Lol, I bet I could still do it tomorrow.

What goes on at shitty gun shops is indeed fake news. Who cares? Why would you shop at those places if you think they disrespected you? Until this thread I rarely ever heard anyone even ask or care about this in MA. It just literally is a fake issue. Next we’re going to have a thread about how the bathroom at (insert gun shop here) has no towel attendant and how much of a travesty it is. Uncivilized savages!!!’

View: https://youtu.be/hawQ5wobi1Y

Lol, I bet I could still do it tomorrow.

What goes on at shitty gun shops is indeed fake news. Who cares? Why would you shop at those places if you think they disrespected you? Until this thread I rarely ever heard anyone even ask or care about this in MA. It just literally is a fake issue. Next we’re going to have a thread about how the bathroom at (insert gun shop here) has no towel attendant and how much of a travesty it is. Uncivilized savages!!!’

View: https://youtu.be/hawQ5wobi1Y

Maybe it was time that some one brought it up as a topic in an effort to wake everyone the hell up in Mass.

So, I gather that you do find it disrespectful for a shop to ask to see an LTC.

I don’t shop at said shitty gun shops personally.

I didn’t post the question because it affects me directly in any way, I didn’t think this to be a therapy group whatsoever.

I posted the question because I found it to be a legit one to ask, and put it out there to find out how other gun owners felt about the issue, especially those in Mass. I understand upper New Englanders don’t have the hassle of an LTC, but those from Mass, RI and CT do not have said luxury.

I recently heard from someone I know that he was carded at Cabela’s in Berlin. I’ve been to Cabela’s numerous times and have never been carded. This person doesn’t look shady or rough around the edges. So it made him wonder why he was singled out and carded. Especially when he saw other people before him go without being asked. He was told it was store policy

Hence, I brought the question to this forum to see how the field felt about the issue.

I stated my opinion on it, if you card you should post and card everyone, but picking and choosing who you ask is a poor business practice. And if said businesses are out there, they should be identified so they get the message to get their act together. Maybe I was wrong to bring it to this forum, where apparently the topic turned to other issues and nonsensical opinions like that of “fake news”.

Just because one person hasn’t experienced it, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

The issue doesn’t go away if you say it’s fake news…

No, I don’t take issue with MA shops doing it. I went to cabelas and got carded while buying an unregulated item even. Is it completely stupid? Yes, at some level. Am I going to actually be /offended/ by it? Nope. I think i may have been carded in the past just to see guns but it was so irrelevant to me I honestly don’t remember. The only time I ever remotely remember that sort policy was back when Roachs in Cambridge still existed. You had to show LTC or FID to even be allowed in the back of the store.... (where the gun stuff was) but I figured that was a local concession because of the local politics and didn’t really care.

I still don’t understand your beef. So you are upset because a place carded one guy and didn’t card someone else? Oh noes!

“Mooooom bbbbbut /that/ kid got moar jimmies on his ice cream than I did!”

It just sounds like a braying 5 year old. I guess I have better things to do then keep track of who a clerk cards and doesn’t card.

I guess I just can’t see getting upset or even remotely concerned over something that petty. Especially when we don’t or rarely have all the facts.

Although.... fact, Cabelas is a box store, btw. That kind of inconsistency and mindless fluctuating obedience with often imaginary laws is a constant recurring theme nationally with big box stores that sell guns. You get out of a box store and a whole host of things cease to be issues.

Maybe it was time that some one brought it up as a topic in an effort to wake everyone the hell up in Mass.

So, I gather that you do find it disrespectful for a shop to ask to see an LTC.

I don’t shop at said shitty gun shops personally.

I didn’t post the question because it affects me directly in any way, I didn’t think this to be a therapy group whatsoever.

I posted the question because I found it to be a legit one to ask, and put it out there to find out how other gun owners felt about the issue, especially those in Mass. I understand upper New Englanders don’t have the hassle of an LTC, but those from Mass, RI and CT do not have said luxury.

I recently heard from someone I know that he was carded at Cabela’s in Berlin. I’ve been to Cabela’s numerous times and have never been carded. This person doesn’t look shady or rough around the edges. So it made him wonder why he was singled out and carded. Especially when he saw other people before him go without being asked. He was told it was store policy

Hence, I brought the question to this forum to see how the field felt about the issue.

I stated my opinion on it, if you card you should post and card everyone, but picking and choosing who you ask is a poor business practice. And if said businesses are out there, they should be identified so they get the message to get their act together. Maybe I was wrong to bring it to this forum, where apparently the topic turned to other issues and nonsensical opinions like that of “fake news”.

Just because one person hasn’t experienced it, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

The issue doesn’t go away if you say it’s fake news…

I don't think you're going to "wake up" Mass gun owners. They've been exposed to at least a couple generations of social conditioning where LTC = ability to own guns. Like @greencobra said, when Mass gun owners visit states, they pull out their Mass permission slips... in a jurisdiction where, practically, the LTC means nothing, because a Mass resident purchasing in another state has to still follow Federal and that state's laws. They have to fill out 4473s and that other state's potentially applicable forms like everyone else in that state - whether that be the NH call-in system, RI's state form, etc. The LTC system was instituted in 1905 as a way to control who had the ability to be armed - that's well beyond living memory, though serious, frequent enforcement doesn't seem to have started until much later.

I also don't think you'll make any substantial progress on here. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew how it would be you pissing in the wind versus people saying "their shop, their rules." I think if you want to make any serious progress towards questioning the concept of the LTC, you'd be better off talking to new gun owners or people who've seen how different systems work. You're not going to impress upon people that the system is inherently f*cked when the system is all they know.

I also think that challenging the concept of the LTC itself is very unwinnable. You would effectively need either the Mass General Court or SJC to overturn the licensing system.

No, I don’t take issue with MA shops doing it. I went to cabelas and got carded while buying an unregulated item even. Is it completely stupid? Yes, at some level. Am I going to actually be /offended/ by it? Nope. I think i may have been carded in the past just to see guns but it was so irrelevant to me I honestly don’t remember. The only time I ever remotely remember that sort policy was back when Roachs in Cambridge still existed. You had to show LTC or FID to even be allowed in the back of the store.... (where the gun stuff was) but I figured that was a local concession because of the local politics and didn’t really care.

I still don’t understand your beef. So you are upset because a place carded one guy and didn’t card someone else? Oh noes!

“Mooooom bbbbbut /that/ kid got moar jimmies on his ice cream than I did!”

It just sounds like a braying 5 year old. I guess I have better things to do then keep track of who a clerk cards and doesn’t card.

I guess I just can’t see getting upset or even remotely concerned over something that petty. Especially when we don’t or rarely have all the facts.

Although.... fact, Cabelas is a box store, btw. That kind of inconsistency and mindless fluctuating obedience with often imaginary laws is a constant recurring theme nationally with big box stores that sell guns. You get out of a box store and a whole host of things cease to be issues.
I don't think you're going to "wake up" Mass gun owners. They've been exposed to at least a couple generations of social conditioning where LTC = ability to own guns. Like @greencobra said, when Mass gun owners visit states, they pull out their Mass permission slips... in a jurisdiction where, practically, the LTC means nothing, because a Mass resident purchasing in another state has to still follow Federal and that state's laws. They have to fill out 4473s and that other state's potentially applicable forms like everyone else in that state - whether that be the NH call-in system, RI's state form, etc. The LTC system was instituted in 1905 as a way to control who had the ability to be armed - that's well beyond living memory, though serious, frequent enforcement doesn't seem to have started until much later.

I also don't think you'll make any substantial progress on here. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew how it would be you pissing in the wind versus people saying "their shop, their rules." I think if you want to make any serious progress towards questioning the concept of the LTC, you'd be better off talking to new gun owners or people who've seen how different systems work. You're not going to impress upon people that the system is inherently f*cked when the system is all they know.

I also think that challenging the concept of the LTC itself is very unwinnable. You would effectively need either the Mass General Court or SJC to overturn the licensing system.
And that my friends is an intelligible response to a presented issue. Thank you

“I guess I just can’t see getting upset or even remotely concerned over something that petty. Especially when we don’t or rarely have all the facts.”

The facts are that if you card, post it and do it to everyone, don’t pick and choose from your audience.

Someone in an earlier post compared to the event of being carded when buying cigarettes and alcohol, then rightfully so, post it… like they do.

As for your experience of being asked for an LTC to buy an unregulated item, and you conceded?… Well, maybe you’ll concede as well when that dreaded moment of confiscation arrives.

Indoctrination starts with the small items and issues… like, show me your LTC to buy that pack of gum… (C. Stockwell’s Point)

The issue is moot at this point. I received the information I sought and thanks to all who were kind enough share their topic related thoughts.

Let us give the issue some rest. Maybe others may in time awaken enough to see and attempt to change, what some may consider - Petty things…

It’s a start…

As we know, America didn’t become independent on July 4, 1776, that’s the day they signed a paper indicating the goals. They didn’t decide to do that on that day either, they decided that much before July, by identifying and addressing the “Petty” issues (according to the Brits).

God Bless America!

This happened to me last week at Collector Guns in Stoneham. From my few interactions there I like the store and the folks there. I was surprised when they asked for my license to see a gun I was interested in seeing and I had to dig it out of my wallet. I didn't make a stink about it and it wasn't a big deal. I figure they have their reasons and it only took my a few seconds to show them.

Someone in an earlier post compared to the event of being carded when buying cigarettes and alcohol, then rightfully so, post it… like they do.

Lol shit analogy is shit, a lot of shops that sell both are inconsistent in their carding policies. A lot of time it is a snap judgement made up by the clerk on the fly.

As for your experience of being asked for an LTC to buy an unregulated item, and you conceded?… Well, maybe you’ll concede as well when that dreaded moment of confiscation arrives.

Are you really that dense to think that arguing with a cabelas clerk is going to do anything? I'd rather get my shit and be on my way. I do remind them the item is
unregulated though, just for kicks. But I'm not going to be a sovereign citizen fag and hold up the line when I can flash a card and be out of there in 2 seconds, over a policy that
I cannot change. Being a c*** by terrorizing a minimum wage clerk over a dumb shit policy he has no control over, by doing armflapping gesticulations accomplishes nothing.

Indoctrination starts with the small items and issues… like, show me your LTC to buy that pack of gum… (C. Stockwell’s Point)

The issue is moot at this point. I received the information I sought and thanks to all who were kind enough share their topic related thoughts.

Let us give the issue some rest. Maybe others may in time awaken enough to see and attempt to change, what some may consider - Petty things…

I won't let stupidity go unchecked. Sorry. [rofl]

Also you knob polished Gun Parlor earlier, which basically shows how very little you actually know. The same shop that signed a consent decree enema to send everyones shit to the AGs
office. They also had a faggy piece on TV on local news that was twisted and put gun owners in a bad light. So you can cut it with the "I'm more pro 2A than you" virtue signaling. [rofl]

It’s a start…

As we know, America didn’t become independent on July 4, 1776, that’s the day they signed a paper indicating the goals. They didn’t decide to do that on that day either, they decided that much before July, by identifying and addressing the “Petty” issues (according to the Brits).

God Bless America!

You're conflating actions of some shitty box store with actions of government.

Two entirely different things.

Reactions: mkm
Also you knob polished Gun Parlor earlier, which basically shows how very little you actually know. The same shop that signed a consent decree enema to send everyones shit to the AGs
office. They also had a faggy piece on TV on local news that was twisted and put gun owners in a bad light. So you can cut it with the "I'm more pro 2A than you" virtue signaling.

I think he might genuinely not know about Gun Parlor's, let's say weird, past. I'll give him benefit of the doubt because he seems like a new-ish gun owner. I think if he were a shill, he'd be more direct about it. However, people who are new to unwritten, unposted gun store "policies" often don't find out about them until they experience them personally. Like the guy who recently made the thread about Shooter's not handing over guns after three business days.

Just my opinion as an observer. Its unnecessary and I think bad form to get hyperbolic when someone simply doesn't know better.

I don't think you're going to "wake up" Mass gun owners. They've been exposed to at least a couple generations of social conditioning where LTC = ability to own guns.

Lol there is no "social conditioning" per se, its legal reality here. (although I get what you're talking about, WRT mass cuck faggotry social conditioning, seen in other places, actually, its seen all over this forum. "what handgun do I get thats mass COMPLYAINT etc or people cucking out to healeyban, so I get you there). You can't do much of anything with guns in MA without that stupid f***ing card, and there's no getting around it unless you wanna ride 110% dirty. (which I have no problem with, btw, if someone chooses that).

It becomes understandable within that framework of garbage why various shops or whatever card or dont card or this or that. SOME of them are not smart enough to figure out
what is an event that requires identification and what isn't.

Also if the OP thinks anyone is going to read a stupid sign in a gun shop dictating the shops "carding policy" then they're delusional. That sign would be as dumb as the prop 65 warning on a california hamburger joint. In the real world, nobody cares.

Like @greencobra said, when Mass gun owners visit states, they pull out their Mass permission slips... in a jurisdiction where, practically, the LTC means nothing,

Of course it doesn't help matters that there are places like Walmart, Old Glory, and SO that reinforce that garbage while buying ammunition etc.

It also doesn't help that the feds have that whole "legal in state of residence" BS, too. So people have to pull LTC/FID to buy long guns out of state because fed law requires it by
proxy.

I also don't think you'll make any substantial progress on here. As soon as I saw this thread, I knew how it would be you pissing in the wind versus people saying "their shop, their rules."

What 2A problem does getting mass shops to not card people (to touch guns) solve? MA gun owners are already f***ed over by virtue of having to have the stupid
license. It's kind of like saying "we already raped and murdered your family, but now we're going to rape your invisible friend! how do you feel about THAT?" [rofl] that's what worrying
about that is like. The horse has already left the barn.

What 2A problem does getting mass shops to not card people (to touch guns) solve? MA gun owners are already f***ed over by virtue of having to have the stupid
license... The horse has already left the barn.

The point OP's trying to make is that, generally, Mass gun owners have the whole "compliance" unnecessary layer, and he wants to see that gone. The practical, real world, problem is that gun ownership in Mass is tied to the concept of possessing a government-issued license. That's never going away in Mass and is only going to increase in restrictiveness as time progresses, absent a monumental shift in law, demographics, etc.

I get what he's saying but I don't think he's being effective at communicating the message. The best way to show someone "you don't need a government permission slip to own guns" is to say instead bring them somewhere where that's a true statement or to introduce them to homebuilding. A lot of gun owners, even in "free" states, can't take the final step to realize that they don't need government permission to carry, buy, build, etc.

In my experience, its better to accomplish things at an individual level, rather than come on here and try and fight the community.

I think he might genuinely not know about Gun Parlor's, let's say weird, past. I'll give him benefit of the doubt because he seems like a new-ish gun owner. I think if he were a shill, he'd be more direct about it. However, people who are new to unwritten, unposted gun store "policies" often don't find out about them until they experience them personally. Like the guy who recently made the thread about Shooter's not handing over guns after three business days.

Just my opinion as an observer. Its unnecessary and I think bad form to get hyperbolic when someone simply doesn't know better.

I don't think he's intentionally shilling for GP I just found it extremely ironic that he posted that earlier.

I guess I don't see the "gravity" of this issue. I certainly see why people would be pissed off WRT a delay policy. THAT is pretty understandable because it's inconsistent and causes people a lot of real world grief.

The OP should realize if it bothers him that much he should stay away from box stores, maybe deli ticket emporium? I dont know who else cards just to look at a gun. I know when I used to work the shows years ago in MA I never carded people just to look at guns. Sometimes if they acted like an airhead I would ask them if they had an LTC, but generally didnt ask to
see it. The light of "this guy is so clueless, probably no license" But I also didnt flinch if some MA gun shop asked to see my LTC to look at a gun, either. I always assumed it was because people are retarded and would end up wasting the dealers time, not knowing they needed an LTC/FID to actually buy. A lot of shops likely also use this as a teachable moment branch. If I am an MA gun shop, would I rather waste 10 minutes trying to sell a guy a gun he can't buy, or spend that same 10 minutes getting the guy hooked up with a class and an app or whatever so he can get a license (and then actually come back and buy something?) etc.

Lol shit analogy is shit, a lot of shops that sell both are inconsistent in their carding policies. A lot of time it is a snap judgement made up by the clerk on the fly.

Are you really that dense to think that arguing with a cabelas clerk is going to do anything? I'd rather get my shit and be on my way. I do remind them the item is
unregulated though, just for kicks. But I'm not going to be a sovereign citizen fag and hold up the line when I can flash a card and be out of there in 2 seconds, over a policy that
I cannot change. Being a c*** by terrorizing a minimum wage clerk over a dumb shit policy he has no control over, by doing armflapping gesticulations accomplishes nothing.

I won't let stupidity go unchecked. Sorry. [rofl]

office. They also had a faggy piece on TV on local news that was twisted and put gun owners in a bad light. So you can cut it with the "I'm more pro 2A than you" virtue signaling. [rofl]

“Lol shit analogy is shit, a lot of shops that sell both are inconsistent in their carding policies. A lot of time it is a snap judgement made up by the clerk on the fly.”

No shit… Dick Tracey..That’s my point exactly, if you have a policy, enforce it, what ever it is.

Don’t pick and choose when or to whom. If you have it posted, it is your store policy and not a whim of the particular clerk. Although the clerk may fail at enforcing the policy at a given moment, it is still the store policy.

“Are you really that dense to think that arguing with a cabelas clerk is going to do anything?”

I would certainly ask why the hell I would have to show an LTC for an unrelated purchase. No need to argue, but a teachable moment, for him or me.

Do you just take his word for it, that it is a store policy and that’s it?

“Also you knob polished Gun Parlor earlier, which basically shows how very little you actually know. The same shop that signed a consent decree enema to send everyones shit to the AGs
office. They also had a faggy piece on TV on local news that was twisted and put gun owners in a bad light. So you can cut it with the "I'm more pro 2A than you" virtue signaling.

I recall that btw, it had nothing to do with my experience at the store - I could’ve used Four Seasons and said the same thing about them. Or my past experience with Pullman arms in Worcester a few years ago.

Stores feel the pressure from government and pass on their stupidity to you the consumer.

just to clarify your misconception, I don’t ever feel more pro 2nd, or anything else for that matter, than anyone else.

If it’s your policy post it and card everyone, Don’t pick and choose whom you card. It would be best practice, it’s all I’m saying.

No shit… Dick Tracey..That’s my point exactly, if you have a policy, enforce it, what ever it is.

Lol my point is lots of liquor stores don't have a lot of consistent policies on carding. I have one customer with a liquor store that cards everyone. Also he HAS NO SIGN saying
this. (except on the inside of the register booth to remind the clerk) Nobody seems to have a problem with it. [rofl] Shocker.

I have been in other stores where the decision to card you is very arbitrary.

Don’t pick and choose when or to whom. If you have it posted, it is your store policy and not a whim of the particular clerk. Although the clerk may fail at enforcing the policy at a given moment, it is still the store policy.

But lots of liquor stores "pick and choose" all the time. Using policies with arbitrary criteria. [rofl]

WHAT FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE at that point? [rofl]

So you feel better if there is a policy, even if the policy is simply to have arbitrary criteria. So it makes you feel better if they put up a sign that says "STORE POLICY IS TO ASK FOR LTC OR FID UPON HANDLING ANY FIREARMS< AT THE CLERKS DISCRETION" ? [rofl]

Seriously?

“Are you really that dense to think that arguing with a cabelas clerk is going to do anything?”

I would certainly ask why the hell I would have to show an LTC for an unrelated purchase. No need to argue, but a teachable moment, for him or me.

No its not really, because I'm sure some guy has already told him that 58,000 times since the store opened. Even when I mentioned it in passing I could see the
slightly pained look on his face. The look that said "well at least he did it and didnt lecture me about it for 5 minutes like the last guy that mentioned it" Let's not pretend like we're the first guys that ever told them about it. "They Know" and they likely knew from the end of the first week they were open in Berlin. The boilerplate response was always "corporate policy blah blah blah".

"HE KNOWS". [rofl]

(nsfw)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAxPM0fsRjA

Do you just take his word for it, that it is a store policy and that’s it?

Why wouldn't I? No clerk is going to impose that shit on his own. THE REGISTER TELLS HIM TO DO IT. It literally pops hot to ask for an LTC/FID.

Walmart registers in mass do this too, btw.... for some items.

“Also you knob polished Gun Parlor earlier, which basically shows how very little you actually know. The same shop that signed a consent decree enema to send everyones shit to the AGs

I recall that btw, it had nothing to do with my experience at the store - I could’ve used Four Seasons and said the same thing about them. Or my past experience with Pullman arms in Worcester a few years ago.

Yeah but you used them as an example to virtue signal the lack of carding or whatever, when they're f***ing gun owners up the ass on the back end of the house. That's my point.

Stores feel the pressure from government and pass on their stupidity to you the consumer.

just to clarify your misconception, I don’t ever feel more pro 2nd, or anything else for that matter, than anyone else.

If it’s your policy post it and card everyone, Don’t pick and choose whom you card. It would be best practice, it’s all I’m saying.

So you, the ONE PERSON will read the sign? [rofl]

Dude nobody cares. Maybe you. That's about it. It's not actually important.

Again, like I said earlier: if you're butthurt because you got carded and someone else didn't, get a thicker skin.

If you're a Gun Parlor shopper who claims they don't shop at shitty gun stores, though, I think it might have been wiser to solicit "the community's input" about your choice of store before you decided "inconsistent card policies" was the hill you wanted to die on.

Good luck with your purchases, OP. Hopefully, all of them will meet with the level of customer service to which you feel you're entitled.

Weird fact: I reguarly get carded at package stores when I buy beer. Never when I buy hard liquor. Rarely do I get carded when I buy wine. Go figure.

Anyways.

Reasoning with a clerk at a big box store is basically pointless because the decision to card a customer is made by corporate HQ by the corporation's legal team. Not the clerk. Clerks don't have discretion to make decisions because that's not their job. There's a reason why big box stores have gun sales and everything else separate - because gun counter clerks have to have discretion to deny sales, whereas the person checking people out with blankets and grills can't.

Corporate law is all about mitigation of liability for the corporation. Not about doing the morally right thing. Not about even doing the legal thing in other circumstances, say where paying a penalty is cheaper than compliance. The corporation doesn't care about the customers except as profit generators.

I'm just kind of surprised that any one cares - especially when you have to pull your card out to buy beer or smokes, or ammo or guns, anyone would be bugged by having to fork over a license in a gun store to check something out... it's a good shit test for the owners, to read the people and see if their eyes bug out, but it's not exactly "treading on yer rights" or anything. Everybody knows to be a little cautious in MA.

With stores like TGP pulling all their crap, Cabela's asking for LTCs on ammo can purchases, or Shooters (in NH none the less!) who won't release after 3 days on a delay and require a mask and a damn 3D body scan at the door so they can plaster your mug online and slander you... is it really that big a deal?
Shooters kinda sucks in general. They won't sell guns to people from mass. Once i found that out I haven't been back.

Shooters kinda sucks in general. They won't sell guns to people from mass. Once i found that out I haven't been back.
Careful smack talking them in NES, the owner has been known to log on, tell you that you have a small pecker, then challenge you to voice your complaints to his face... But never offer a place and time hahaha

Again, like I said earlier: if you're butthurt because you got carded and someone else didn't, get a thicker skin.

If you're a Gun Parlor shopper who claims they don't shop at shitty gun stores, though, I think it might have been wiser to solicit "the community's input" about your choice of store before you decided "inconsistent card policies" was the hill you wanted to die on.

Good luck with your purchases, OP. Hopefully, all of them will meet with the level of customer service to which you feel you're entitled.
By the way, I have never bought anything at the Gun Parlor… Read the thread question it’s very simple.

“How does the gun owner community feel about gun-shops/dealers/big box stores who require customers to show proof of LTC before showing the customer a firearm?”

Should I have given you little boxes to check?

1. _____ I don’t mind it
2. _____ I wouldn’t shop any place that asks
3. _____ It’s a good policy
4. _____ Oh wait a minute, not enough options, let me reach up my ass and see what I can come up with.

Thank you all you didn’t see #4 as an option. To those who did… well you know…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom