PA Teachers to get mini bats to combat active shooters.

When I was I high school a guy from a drug gang came in to the school with a .45 to execute a guy that screwed them on a payment. Principal, a vice principal, and a gym teacher chased him out with baseball bats. They were regular, high cap. bats though.

Maybe they should have spent that $1800 putting locks on all the classroom doors. If this were actually about safety and not just about gun control there are plenty of things that could be done to ensure the safety of the kids.

My sister is a teacher and this is exactly what I told her. She has three doors in her classroom: two don't lock (between classrooms) and the third only locks from the hallway. She keeps the hallway door locked so she can just pull it closed, but once someone gets into any classroom they can just walk from room to room unimpeded. If the school doesn't have money for locks then they aren't serious about security.

She honestly hasn't thought about what she can do outside of what the school says to do. I stressed piling desks at the doors, throwing anything and everything you can at the person. Throw a chair. Throw books. Throw a stack of papers. Throw a coffee mug. It doesn't matter what it is, they'll have to react to it. You'll at least confuse them and slow them down while kids run out of the room. You can wait to get shot or you can GTFO.

Moonbat shit crazy
That is the worst kind of crazy, incurable also. The money would have been spent wiser on Yoga mats. The mediation would have helped them accept their fate calmly like oxygen masks on a plane and the stretching would increase their ability to bend over and kiss their ass good bye.

Maybe they should have spent that $1800 putting locks on all the classroom doors. If this were actually about safety and not just about gun control there are plenty of things that could be done to ensure the safety of the kids.
Not that I don't agree with the direction of your thinking.... Have you priced the sort of commercial lock sets that are required in school classrooms these days? $1800 might get you five installed, assuming you don't need to weld strike plate preps in the frames.

Filled with water and placed in a freezer - or this could be making the weapon of war?

I've saved tons of time by boiling water that I'll use for pasta or soup, and then freezing it in serving size zip top bags. Then I just need to heat it up and BAM - boiled water. I'm sure you could have these pre boiled waters stationed around a class to use.

As for throwing things, we had active shooter training one time, and the "shooter" gave his red gun (or was it blue?) to the class participants. We were then to try to aim at someone while having bean bags thrown at us - it effectively impaired aiming - it isn't much but it may be enough. I demonstrated this with my kids and a nerf gun so they'd understand that any ACTION was preferable to Plan B "hide behind the fat kid and adults, theyr'e the most bulletproof".

Funniest gif I've seen in a while...

If that kid was closer to the water... we'd have lost him.

1238512834_guy-knocks-hinself-out-with-wood-gif.229688

Last edited:
After the Parkland shooting, someone posted that the deputy didn't want to go into the school with his pistol because it was "useless" to use it against a rifle, which is BS! And now, they're giving out small baseball bats?

Although only slightly above rape whistles, I still consider it a step in the right direction. It is changing the thinking from shelter in place until shot to fight back. Now the geniuses just need to take the next step and think: hmm, maybe there is a better weapon to defend myself with.

They should have tire thumpers because driving on low tire pressure will destroy the earth. See, you just have to sell it the right way to get the liberals to buy in.

Once the bell rings and all kids are in class they can fill a bucket with water and balance it on the half closed door so when the shooter opens the door to come in, well they'll get soaked and hopefully a bucket on their head. Problem solved!

Back
Top Bottom