P250

The AG doesn't have anything to do with the testing requirements for Chapter 180. The manufacturers submit test results to EOPS, not the AG.

But to answer your question, I have no idea if they have or not.

The AG doesn't have anything to do with the testing requirements for Chapter 180. The manufacturers submit test results to EOPS, not the AG.

But to answer your question, I have no idea if they have or not.
The AG must approve the gun for sale in Mass. so a sample must be submitted to whoever the AG has that certifies the gun is Mass. compliant. Yes? No?

No, I believe the manufacturer send the AG a letter stating it believes that the firearm complies with the regulations. Then dealers can start selling -- until the AG comes in later and says "Nah, that doesn't meet our requirements" and a bunch of people get screwed.

Sig has not submitted ANY of there new models[and they have made many] other than the mosquito the last few years so I will be shock if we see it anytime.

The AG must approve the gun for sale in Mass. so a sample must be submitted to whoever the AG has that certifies the gun is Mass. compliant. Yes? No?

No. EOPS controls the approved firearms roster. Manufacturers have their guns tested and submit information to EOPS. The Gun Control Advisory Board reviews the information and makes recommendations to EOPS.

The AG never "approves" a gun. The AG issued a their own regulations (which are similar to the statutory requirements in Chapter 180, but a bit different). If the AG doesn't like a gun, the AG will send nasty letters and/or sue the manufacturer and/or dealers. But no one has been able to get the AG to "approve" a gun and the AG has been less than helpful to manufacturers who had questions.

EOPS is here: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopshomepage&L=1&L0=Home&sid=Eeops

And the roster is here: http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eopssub...ervices&L3=Approved+Weapons+Rosters&sid=Eeops

No, I believe the manufacturer send the AG a letter stating it believes that the firearm complies with the regulations. Then dealers can start selling -- until the AG comes in later and says "Nah, that doesn't meet our requirements" and a bunch of people get screwed.

Just to be clear, the "bunch of people who get screwed" would be the selling dealers, not their customers who bought the guns.

The AG has NO formalized approval process, or notification. The only way to tell if it passed the AG's regs is for the manufacturer or an FFL/dealer to attempt to sell the gun after it gets on the EOPS roster and see if the AG whines about it. If no whining occurs you can then consider it "AG compliant" but that can change at a moments notice.

The only "testing" that is done is to get it on the EOPS roster. That gets it "closer" to being salable but that does not mean that it can/will be sold through FFLs in MA to average joes like us.

-Mike

Sig has not submitted ANY of there new models[and they have made many] other than the mosquito the last few years so I will be shock if we see it anytime.

+1.... IMO they only did the mosquito because it was "compliant out of the box" and isn't any different than the ones they ship to other states. They got the original GSR on the roster but that gun is basically long gone in their lineup.

I think cold air will be blasting out of hell before the P250 becomes "MA dealer salable" through the typical channels. Doesn't mean you won't see some in the state eventually, though. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom