• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Overnight on the ice

I have never heard of camping over ICE. Wow. That's impressive. I don't care if you had a space heater, you must've been freeeeeezing! 🥶

I have never heard of camping over ICE. Wow. That's impressive. I don't care if you had a space heater, you must've been freeeeeezing! 🥶
yeah mr. admin, you were more of a man than me and my buddies...we were going to be in one of those "ice houses" one of the guys towed out. maybe that wasn't a weekend on the ice now that I give it a little thought but would have been just a sleep over at justin and al's winter chalet. [laugh] I'm even more envious!

Be careful!

Apparently, Ice Fishing leads to prostitution!

Ohio Mayor Says It's a Slippery Slope From Ice Fishing to Prostitution

Mayor Craig Shubert of Hudson, Ohio, made his comments at a council meeting this week during a discussion about the safety and liability issues that might arise if the city allows ice fishing at Hudson Springs Park.

"If you open this up to ice fishing, which while on the surface, it sounds good, then what happens next year? Does somebody come back and say, 'I want an ice shanty in Hudson Springs Park for X amount of time?'" Shubert asked. "And if you then allow ice fishing with shanties, then that leads to another problem: prostitution. And now you have the police chief of the police department involved. Just some data points to consider."

I can only assume from this that the police chief owns the local bordello?

One question: How did you poop? 💩
There are toilet seats sold that are designed to snap onto a 5 gallon bucket. We put a trash bag inside the bucket......4 or 5 scoops of kitty litter in it.....then snap the lid on it. When the trip is over throw out the bag. We leave the setup in the portable shanty.

31xj28ddXdL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

How awesome is that garmin??? I would love to try one but the lrice is pretty steep! I could justify it if I was living somewhere where half (or more) of your fishing season is hard water.

How awesome is that garmin??? I would love to try one but the lrice is pretty steep! I could justify it if I was living somewhere where half (or more) of your fishing season is hard water.
I love it. It's an amazing piece of equipment. It was designed for boat use, they added an ice fishing bundle because it works great at that too.

Back
Top Bottom